• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which kind of playable fighter and NPC support Pokémon do you think that will debut, return or cut in the Pokkén Tournament sequel?

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
What's up, guys? Once Nintendo, Bandai Namco and The Pokémon Company have announced their plans for the Pokkén Tournament sequel of any kind, I'm just wanting to know which playable fighter Pokémon you think will debut and return in the game because of being currently popular with the general public, and which of them you think will be cut in the game because of not or no longer being popular with the general public? I also just want to know which kind of NPC Support Pokémon you think will debut, return or be cut in the game because of any reasons? Please let me know once you reply, thanks.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I think it's pretty safe to assume Pokken Tournament is not getting a sequel...I mean, I'm fairly sure the only reason it was brought to Switch in the first place was because the Wii U was an absolute disaster, and also because they weren't ready to release Smash Ultimate yet. It's done fairly well - well, last sales data I could find was April 2018, where it hit 1.3 million and outsold the Wii U lifetime sales - buuut...well, that was pretty much the last we ever heard of it. Much like Arms (anyone else remember Arms?) it more or less faded into obscurity. Don't hold your breath for that sequel announcement. Stranger things have happened, but still.

I suspect we'd be saddled with more annoyingly popular Pokemon, which would likely mean one of the Galar starters at least, and possibly that new panda-bear Legendary thing whose name I've forgotten as well. At least.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
I agree there probably won't be a sequel but here ya go anyway.

As a new fighter, bring in Ditto. At the start of each round it transforms into one of the other unlocked fighters, selected at random.
A lot of fighting games have a random character so this ain't anything new.
For fun, it can do the anime thing where it can't properly mimic faces and just keeps it's derpy ditto face.
Maybe it could have a unique Burst Attack though, where it cycles through different characters, striking repeatedly as a different fighter each time.

As a support pair, Smeargle and Mime Jr.
Smeargle uses the move from any random Support Pokemon.
Mime Jr. uses Mimic to copy and use the move of one of the opponent's Support Pokemon.

Yeah that's right I made a whole team of mimic characters

Also, fighters that have Gigantamax forms could use them during their Burst Attacks.
I mean, Gengar practically does already

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Do you think that Pikachu Libre is going to be permanently cut in all Pokkén Tournament sequels because of its loss of popularity among former fans?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Do you think that Pikachu Libre is going to be permanently cut in all Pokkén Tournament sequels because of its loss of popularity among former fans?

Yes. Because to be honest, those weird costume Pikachu from back then were some of the worst kinds of Pikachu pandering in my honest opinion. They should be expected to be forgotten.

Back