• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just some thoughts about Sun and Moon

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Okay, this maybe sounds stupid, but am I the only one who thinks that actually Pokemon Sun and Moon have been done before? No, no, not Solrock and Lunatone
    Yes, I am talking about old games, Pokemon Gold and Silver and of course Ho-oh and Lugia

Ho-oh is said to be rainbow-hued (and rainbow is......?) and has power to resurrect the dead, just like how Sun gives lives to creatures on Earth. And you can easily depict sun and sunray as "gold"

Lugia is said to be the Guardian of the sea, which means it can control the sea like storm, tides, etc. Isn't that what the Moon does? I mean, tides are the effect of the gravity of the moon, etc. And moon and moonlight is easily silver.

And if there would be a third version, would it be called as Pokemon Earth? Because Celebi is associated with earth, nature, and stuff like that

(sigh... Actually that was the concept of my hack, I made a thread A while ago in hack section, but have no real Time to do it. Now I become even less motivated lol)

Discuss?

Years
  • Interesting that you pointed that out. I do recall Ho-Oh and Lugia had a bit of inspiration from the sun and moon in their designs and their roles, but I know their theme was mainly based more on the sky and the sea.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    And there are CRYSTALs in the logo, and their colors are Gold and Silver. Coincidence? Maybe

Maybe a hint that Johto (or character from Johto) making An appearance? Like, Ethan can be battled Las "final boss". Still too soon to talk about that, of course. (I just have feeling this game will have same time line with g/s/c/d/p/pt)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think that maybe they're just using Gen 2 as a source of inspiration for what they want these games to be like. Much in the same sense that XY had some RGB influences, maybe they want Sun and Moon to be in a similar image as Gold and Silver.

I do think what you're saying is a valid coincidence though. Can't wait to hear more about these games. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Also, recall the intros from Gold and Silver:

Pokegs-title.png

Ho-Oh's took place during the day, while Lugia's took place at night. ^^

Of course, GS were also the first games to introduce literal Day/Night, and they also introduced several Pokémon that could be seen as "Light/Dark" counterparts: Bellossom/Vileplume, Spearow/Murkrow, Growlithe/Houndour, and of course, Espeon/Umbreon. This was even true for certain items, such as the Sun and Moon Stones.

Hopefully, this means that Sun/Moon will be sequels like GSC were. ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Also, recall the intros from Gold and Silver:

Pokegs-title.png

Ho-Oh's took place during the day, while Lugia's took place at night. ^^

Of course, GS were also the first games to introduce literal Day/Night, and they also introduced several Pokémon that could be seen as "Light/Dark" counterparts: Bellossom/Vileplume, Spearow/Murkrow, Growlithe/Houndour, and of course, Espeon/Umbreon. This was even true for certain items, such as the Sun and Moon Stones.

Hopefully, this means that Sun/Moon will be sequels like GSC were. ;)

I actually think that image of Lugia is just Lugia swimming underwater.

Years
  • Yeah you were wrong about the intros from GS. Lugia was actually swimming underwater, but it still gives off the impression.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yes, But in soul silver, it's night. The first scene (after game freak logo) is Lugia flying with moon as a background, :) just saying
    Yup, it does. That's why I never expected them to actually go with Sun and Moon, well outside of part of the name of the remakes (before HgSs were announced).

pkmin3033

They seem to be drawing an awful lot of parallels with existing Legendaries with the naming of these games, to the point that I actually wonder if they're going to use multiple Legendaries in the plot alongside two mascots. As you say, Sun and Moon could just as easily relate to Ho-Oh and Lugia. Maybe this will be their way of drawing things all together?

Years
  • They seem to be drawing an awful lot of parallels with existing Legendaries with the naming of these games, to the point that I actually wonder if they're going to use multiple Legendaries in the plot alongside two mascots. As you say, Sun and Moon could just as easily relate to Ho-Oh and Lugia. Maybe this will be their way of drawing things all together?

It is noticeable with the parallels they have to the sun and moon, and while I am hoping for more legendaries (since XY had only three non-mythical members) I also kinda think they may only do just the mascots and some mythicals again, like XY.

Back