• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Renaming Rival in Fire Red

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    Hello, all. I'm working on a fire red hack, and I've used the Intro Manager tool to remove naming your rival at the introduction. It told me that if I wanted to change it, I could: "To name the rival from within the game, use "callasm 0x13034D".
    If you want to change the default name, change the name at 01C5758, or repoint if you want."

By default, in the game the Rival's name is GREEN. I want to change it to RED (I took if out of the intro because I couldn't get the sprite to cooperate). I've looked up hex tables with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • When you go to 0x1C5758 in a hex editor, you should see the string: C1 CC BF BF C8 FF. This translates to GREEN in FR's hex values with FF as a terminator, letting the game know that the string is only five letters long. To change the rival's default name to RED, just write CC BF BE FF at 0x1C5758 and it should work.

HIDFK

Myntso
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I realize this is an old thread, but i did this and the text isn't showing up in game. Could anybody help with this?

Last edited:
    Back