• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

July Stats

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Hi all, delays due to travelling, but I took screenshots on the day at least! Anyways, an outlier article kinda dominated... and even brought down PC.

The Raw Numbers
    July total views: 249,080 (June: 20,758, May: 28,495)
    July total visitors: 188,126 (June: 14,325, May: 20,676)
    July average views/day: 8,035 (June: 692, May: 917)
    Daily High Score: 78,064 (Best ever: 449 views, June: 1,681)
    Lowest Score (for a full day): 463 (June: 332, May: 318)
    Number of 100+ days: 31 (June: 31, May: 31)

Image of hits/day:
    Spoiler:

Yep, just short of a quarter million views in July. Over 200,000 come from a single article, the Pokemon GO Guide article.

But let's consider the stats without that article firstly. It surely has an effect on others as people who visit Daily for that article may be tempted to view other pages:

Without the GO Guide article:
    July total views: 32,987 (June: 20,758, May: 28,495)
    July average views/day: 1064 (June: 692, May: 917)

So still the strongest month. Notice the dip between July 10th and 11th - PC Daily was down because we exceeded the file size limits by then for a while.

Articles visited since start of month until 1st Aug:
    Spoiler:
    (Note that articles posted in the month have the orange tab to the left. Cut out articles with <10 views in July.)

So yeah. 210,000+ views, kinda insane. It has a bit over two-thirds of all-time Daily views by itself. People sure searched for a lot of terms that got them here. I'd say that's a good indicator that we should consider doing guide articles when Sun/Moon comes out.

Five times the hits on the home page as a result compared to June. Going on old articles first, the GSC to eshop article got a boost as well. Solgaleo/Lunala article went down in views, but still over 1,000 which is pretty good for an older article! Eevee Nicknames meanwhile shot up a heck of a lot (1200+ versus 100+...). I'm going to guess it may be due to searches for Eevee nicknames in relation to evolution in Pokemon GO, but it's hard to say for sure (and too many search terms to shift through).

Other articles that did well - VisualJae's interview, the Bank summary article, stuff about Sun and Moon, etc.

New articles: GO First impressions also did quite well. Various news articles on GO and Sun and Moon followed. The IV training and follow-up article on Hyper Training also went nicely given it was fairly recent! Tbh we have a lot of good starts for articles...

Google's versions of the stats ('sessions' = views, seems lower than total stats):
    Spoiler:
    Same story as the top picture.

Referrers (ie what sites people came from to visit the magazine)
    Spoiler:
    So, search engines again are the hero, particularly for the GO Guide article. Facebook was pretty significant too (I may have also shared a link to it, haha). Then people used android apps a lot, followed by Twitter, Reddit, and the rest.

Search engines terms (what people put in anything but Google to get to the magazine.
    Spoiler:
    I cut out terms with less than 4 because there were too many. (And 50,000+ 'unknown' to boot...)

The funny and weird searches (that got clicks, and including google) include:
    top 12 hardest pokemon to catch on pokemon go
    hope do you get more candy in pokemon go
    pokemon go what means wp
    virtual console kristall
    pokemon go pokemon run away!
    pokemon go wp multipli
    pokemon go blue hackgroind
    if my shield time is running but i dont have my pokémon in the gum will i get credit?
    why do they call xerneas toothpaste?
    how to gwt more charmander xandy pokemom ho
    I probably missed some.

Clicks (links clicked in articles)
    Spoiler:
    The i#.wp.com links are images now rehosted on Daily. Ergo, people are clicking images to look at larger versions.

After those, we have Twitter links being frequently followed, then SM and Niantic webpages.

Country breakdown:
    Spoiler:
    US on top. Nigh everything has a boost. I cut out countries with <10 views.

Last edited:
    Back