• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How to make only your starter to follow you

Years
  • Hello,
    I'm new to Essentials(about 2 weeks) and I recently saw 'Mej71's post about making Pokemon follow you.
    Is there any way to make it so that only your starter follows you, no matter which Pokemon is there on the left side of your party screen?
    What would I have to do for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Just use the Brendan NPC from route 3 (I think). Only need to swap the sprite. No need for the followers script.

BeClawKing

Yeah just my Profile ^^
    Years
  • Just use the Brendan NPC from route 3 (I think). Only need to swap the sprite. No need for the followers script.
    i dont know much but the event is a trainer then the pokemon must too a trainer

sry for my english im german

Last edited:
    Years
  • i dont know much but the event is a trainer then the pokemon must too a trainer

sry for my english im german
    The only thing you need to keep in the event is:
    Code:
    pbAddDependency2(
       @event_id,"Brendan",2)

And delete:
    Code:
    pbRegisterPartner(
      :POKEMONTRAINER_Brendan,
      "Brendan")
    to avoid your pokémon being a partner trainer.

I didn't tested it to it's fullness, but I'm pretty sure you can still have partner trainers following you along with your pokémon.

Years
  • I mean, the event that looks like Brendan is the one you need to use. You can use any name for the event since it won't be displayed.

Back