• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My unstoppable team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

knives

I R Intelligentz
Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    just try to beat this 5 star team! if you think you can pm me and join battle i'll arange a special match.

Latias lv 70 shell bell
    dragon claw
    ice beam
    thunder
    pychic

swampert lv 80 sea incense
    earthquake
    dive
    surf
    hyperbeam

regice lv 50 direhit
    blizzard
    superpower
    thunder
    icebeam

kyorge lv 100 direhit
    hyperbeam
    shere cold
    water spout (not sport)
    hydro pump

rayquaza lv92 dire hit
    fly
    earthquake
    hyperbeam
    fireblast

registeel lv50 direhit
    metalclaw
    hyperbeam
    superpower
    antientpower

thats it

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • it's that time of the year again.

-don't use so much legendary... it's legal but it's not very appreciated by your opponent. Your opponent may not feel like battling you again in the future.

-we assume all pokemon to be at max lvl for gameplay (in all sense of fairness)

-hyperbeam: not usable without a certain carefully planned tactics behind it

-all hms beside surf: completely not usable, except dive/fly+leftover combo for stalling Pokemon

-usable item attachments: chesto berry, lum berry, salac berry, leftovers, brightpowder, charcoal (mostly for suicidal overheat OHKO or nothing purposes), shell bell

-do not repeat offesnive attacks of the same element such as blizzard and ice beam

-tell us the personality of your pokemon as they give you an extra edge in battle if used correctly

-increase your staying power with moves like rest, curse, reflect or light screen. We never want to just die within 3 rounds...

-no damage attacks aren't necessary crap... such as dragon dance which is often heavily abused like curse.

-use attacks with high attack power. Moves like metal claw is out of date

-always consider PP vs Power issue...

-have pseudohazer/hazer so a curselax, dancer or ninjask won't screw you over. Pokemon with haze, whirlwind or roar are needed always...

btw how do you mean battle? on RSbot?

Sturm

Kurokoneko
    Years
  • Kyogre is completely cheap Pokemon...it acts like cheat...
    If I can beat your Kyogre you're complete lose...
    Hyper Beam is not always good attack...remember...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Hyperbeam is certainly a very powerful surprise move. It will certainly surprise the enemy... during the turn of firing. The turn after that well... it's pretty much a free turn for the opponent to do whatever they want (and that is the problem). On average it does only 70 attack power in round...

but to me it's the fact that not only does it have terrible part of PP, it quickly loses its surprise feeling after the first blast. Then the opponent will take great caution from then on. Also it gives one free turn which can change the tides around.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    If you're going to go with an all out attack when you're low on HP, Explosion is pretty much better. Especially in 2-on-2 if your partner is a ghost. I used Exploding Golem on Blissey a lot, I'd corner the Blissey til it was alone and unleashed Explosion.

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • Hyper beam was uber in RBY, lesser used in GSC (I still have it on my Raticates though), and in RS, I wouldn't know.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It has use for Slaking, of course. Well, now that the bugfix NB is out maybe soon I can show you it's use on Slaking when NBA is out. ;p

Red Storm

The Evil Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Hyperbeam is certainly a very powerful surprise move. It will certainly surprise the enemy... during the turn of firing. The turn after that well... it's pretty much a free turn for the opponent to do whatever they want (and that is the problem). On average it does only 70 attack power in round...

Depends on which pokemon you have hyper beam on and hp, etc you have at the time you launch your hyper beam attack. I like using it when you have the opponent down in hp.

but to me it's the fact that not only does it have terrible part of PP, it quickly loses its surprise feeling after the first blast. Then the opponent will take great caution from then on. Also it gives one free turn which can change the tides around.

Yeah, the low pp is bad, not to mention it tends to miss. I've used it on kingdra, slaking, and gyarados. I like it on kingdra somewhat. Kingdra has some staying power.

Red Storm

The Evil Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    It has use for Slaking, of course. Well, now that the bugfix NB is out maybe soon I can show you it's use on Slaking when NBA is out. ;p

Slaking is a beast with hyper beam. Plus it learns bulk up and curse. Ouch.

Groudon

Owner:F.S. (Spike Razzor)
    Years
  • 1.Hyper Beam, it is good. if you are about to faint use it then, because no one uses it other wise unless you got a fast Pokemon.

2.In the long run Metal Claw is better than Iron Tail/Steel Wing.

3.Not everyone feels the need to use gameshark/cheats or online battles. Remember "its a game".

4.No matter how hard people try you can't fully simulate and a real GBA battle (puting leftovers on every Pokemon ain't exactly fair), and most of these cheesy netbattle things don't work. Plus don't you need to give out you IP address for those?

5.People battle differently, if eveyone hade the same Pokemon and the same moves... It would suck badly. Not everyone has all this free time to suck in extra info they won't need IRL.

6. there is no perfect Pokemon. No matter how high your status is, you will still get hit hard with weakness damage. So some of you don't need to comment on every members team, for all they know they could just end up losing.

7.HM's are not usless, you just don't know how to use them.

Last edited:

Mana Lugia

Years
  • Groudon said:
    1.Hyper Beam, it is good. if you are about to faint use it then, because no one uses it other wise unless you got a fast Pokemon.
    Why hyper beam when Rest takes your pokemon farther? Why hyper beam when you have Flail? Why hyper beam when you have explosion? Hyper beam has outlived its usefulness in GSC. The only things that can remotely do well with it are things like Raticate, and the baton passing Scizor (swords dance, Hyper beam on their roar). If you are about to faint, use HB... but what if you don't? Then you only have 3 moveslots to play around with, lowering your overall team/moveset efficiency.

2.In the long run Metal Claw is better than Iron Tail/Steel Wing.
    In the long run all steel moves in GSC suck. (not to mention how pointless it is even with STAB)

3.Not everyone feels the need to use gameshark/cheats or online battles. Remember "its a game".
    Then don't get a team rated. If it's a game, just play it through with tackle and take down and no one would give a poo. If you take it to be rated, obviously you're preparing for tougher competition, hence either Link battle or online, because, after all, I'm not going to waste my money flying over to your house just to Link battle you.

4.No matter how hard people try you can't fully simulate and a real GBA battle (puting leftovers on every Pokemon ain't exactly fair), and most of these cheesy netbattle things don't work. Plus don't you need to give out you IP address for those?
    Get leftovers. Duplicate. 6 leftovers voila. Get leftovers, attach, trade to another cart. Restart. Get leftovers, attach, trade... etc. 6 leftovers, voila. That's pretty fair to me. Cheesy netbattle? Excuse me? Firstly, Netbattle works, along with GSBot and, soon to be, Pokemon Competitor. IP address? Since when? You're thinking of YVD, the simulator for Yu Gi oh. What do you have against IP addresses anyways? Every time you log on a website, chances are the website logs will record your IP anyways, so if you were afraid of giving it away, how about stop using the internet?

5.People battle differently, if eveyone hade the same Pokemon and the same moves... It would suck badly. Not everyone has all this free time to suck in extra info they won't need IRL.
    Rotfl. If everyone had the same pokemon and same moves, it comes down to skill, not "OMFG LOSER I HAVE MORE TIME TO WASTE THAN YOU". Netbattle/GSbot offers you such an environment, where you can pick any pokemon of your choice, fully trained, with any move of your choosing. Hence, it all boils down to who is better at devising movesets, making a team, and has the skillz to win. It certainly wouldn't be very fair if we battle, and I open with a Lv 100 Charizard and you with a Lv 50 Charizard just because I had the extra time to train it up. Link battle isn't about who's the bigger loser when it comes to a social life. Link battle is about who's better at the strategic aspect of the game.

6. there is no perfect Pokemon. No matter how high your status is, you will still get hit hard with weakness damage. So some of you don't need to comment on every members team, for all they know they could just end up losing.
    Really? Then why did they post the team? If they post a team, obviously they want to get better, right? If you comment on it, you end up helping them (unless you flame, then...) I see nothing wrong with helping someone, do you? On a side note, a Swords dancing Mew with Explosion can take out everything with Earthquake and Rockslide/Frustration, and if something dire comes along, go kaboom. (A fully SD'd mew can OHKO Steelix with Explosion, just to illustrate its power).

7.HM's are not usless, you just don't know how to use them.
    Correction. Surf is not useless, Fly is iffy (extremely iffy), and the rest of them are. (Unless you can give me a good example of when to use it. Whirlpool for perish trapping is too unreliable for words, mind you.)

An Kairi: I believe I'll take you up on said offer ;)

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • so explain what hms are not useless (except surf)? Dive and Fly are used occassionally for leftover stalling.

you can get unlimited leftovers through battle tower so why not? it's not a cheat

metal claw does so little damage that it's going to be weaker than a tickle for snorlax... plus steel attacks are always inefficient. You may have a lot of PP but the damage is too little. There needs to be a good balance for PP and power, not to mention accuracy.

if you're about to die you want to use rest/recovery moves most of the time, not hyperbeam. Other Pokemon has other forms of more effective kamikaze blows than hyperbeam. Plus when you're not dying then what do you do with hyperbeam? And what if it misses on an important turn... (like if hyperbeam miss then snorlax will use rest so it won't be knocked out this round?)

the closest to perfect pokemon is a pokemon that can take out a LOT of different pokemon. Plus weaknesses may not always be the cause of your death. I mean i'll celebrate in joy if an Umbreon tries to faint attack my alakazam...

you can change IP address anyway... so what's the threat in releasing IP address. Online battling is pretty much EXACTLY the same as the real thing. I really wonder if it's so off from the real game then why do so many people play it...

Groudon

Owner:F.S. (Spike Razzor)
    Years
  • 1.Why hyper beam when Rest takes your pokemon farther? Why hyper beam when you have Flail? Why hyper beam when you have explosion? Hyper beam has outlived its usefulness in GSC. The only things that can remotely do well with it are things like Raticate, and the baton passing Scizor (swords dance, Hyper beam on their roar). If you are about to faint, use HB... but what if you don't? Then you only have 3 moveslots to play around with, lowering your overall team/moveset efficiency.

1.You go ahead and Rest so I can KO you while you sleep or Dreameater ROTFLMFAO. Dunno wtf flail does, and you could fly/dive/dig/protect from explosion. 1 wasted Pokemon =3.

2.In the long run all steel moves in GSC suck. (not to mention how pointless it is even with STAB)

2.Use it on Metagross! Or Dragons! Whatever it can effect. Accuracy for these moves are fine.

3.Then don't get a team rated. If it's a game, just play it through with tackle and take down and no one would give a poo. If you take it to be rated, obviously you're preparing for tougher competition, hence either Link battle or online, because, after all, I'm not going to waste my money flying over to your house just to Link battle you.

3.Prepairing? Not always, most do it to exchange tips ect. And I live 10 mins from, j/k.

4.Get leftovers. Duplicate. 6 leftovers voila. Get leftovers, attach, trade to another cart. Restart. Get leftovers, attach, trade... etc. 6 leftovers, voila. That's pretty fair to me. Cheesy netbattle? Excuse me? Firstly, Netbattle works, along with GSBot and, soon to be, Pokemon Competitor. IP address? Since when? You're thinking of YVD, the simulator for Yu Gi oh. What do you have against IP addresses anyways? Every time you log on a website, chances are the website logs will record your IP anyways, so if you were afraid of giving it away, how about stop using the internet?

4.Duplicate with no one around? (not too many R/S's sold compaired to R/B). And I was unawair you could win Leftovers.

5.Rotfl. If everyone had the same pokemon and same moves, it comes down to skill, not "OMFG LOSER I HAVE MORE TIME TO WASTE THAN YOU". Netbattle/GSbot offers you such an environment, where you can pick any pokemon of your choice, fully trained, with any move of your choosing. Hence, it all boils down to who is better at devising movesets, making a team, and has the skillz to win. It certainly wouldn't be very fair if we battle, and I open with a Lv 100 Charizard and you with a Lv 50 Charizard just because I had the extra time to train it up. Link battle isn't about who's the bigger loser when it comes to a social life. Link battle is about who's better at the strategic aspect of the game.

5.Having 1 speed higher and getting the first hit is luck (if your not online). And I already said Netbattle didn't work on my pc, had to delete it.

6.Really? Then why did they post the team? If they post a team, obviously they want to get better, right? If you comment on it, you end up helping them (unless you flame, then...) I see nothing wrong with helping someone, do you? On a side note, a Swords dancing Mew with Explosion can take out everything with Earthquake and Rockslide/Frustration, and if something dire comes along, go kaboom. (A fully SD'd mew can OHKO Steelix with Explosion, just to illustrate its power).

6.Yes, more protect to go around! And thats kind of a waste killing it... I mean, what if you needed it?

7.Correction. Surf is not useless, Fly is iffy (extremely iffy), and the rest of them are. (Unless you can give me a good example of when to use it. Whirlpool for perish trapping is too unreliable for words, mind you.)

7.Well I never said they are a waste, everyone else seems to think that. and if could replace Rock Smash with Whirlpool you could trap the Batton Passer Ninjask. And attack it then, same with Mean Look if your willing to use a Ghost type at best.

Plz don't bring up Snorlax, that thing has OVERATED TO THE MAX written all over it. Its like hitting a brick wall, even Dragon moves seem like nothing to it. This is no Pokemon its something else, it needs fat reduction I tell you.

Last edited:

Mana Lugia

Years
  • Groudon said:
    1.You go ahead and Rest so I can KO you while you sleep or Dreameater ROTFLMFAO. Dunno wtf flail does, and you could fly/dive/dig/protect from explosion. 1 wasted Pokemon =3.
    Oh. My. F@@king. Gawd. Are you a n00b, or do you just not get it? If a pokemon can get killed within 3 turns of resting, you wouldn't teach it rest, for starters, or you'd teach it Sleep talk. Secondly, with your little hyper beam, you'd be firing off 2 shots of it at any given pokemon, and 2 shots isn't enough to kill much, and on the recharge of the second, they can just rest it off again, and 10 PP beats you 5 any day. Once you find out what flail does, then you can come back and put up a good argument, thank you very much. Also,

1) Dig is useless. You dig, Earthquake just did 2x damage. oops.
    2) Fly is useless. You fly, they switch to rock type, they end up with a free hit.
    3) dive isn't in GSC. Note how we were talking about GSC? uh huh, that's right. Betcha didn't even read, did you?
    4) Protect isn't seen in GSC unless it's something like a perish trapper, which tend to be ghosts anyhow, so I don't see how that's relevent. Protect also > Hyper beam, so your argument there is m00t too, hey, good job rambling about nothing!

2.Use it on Metagross! Or Dragons! Whatever it can effect. Accuracy for these moves are fine.
    I wasn't aware that Metagross was in GSC. Neat. Now if you'd kindly tell us all how to GET IT... Iron tail's accuracy is HoRRIBLE. Steel wing's accuracy is ok, but its damage is low compared to Frustration/Return, so there's really no reason to be using it or Metal claw... unless you get STAB on Steel wing.

3.Prepairing? Not always, most do it to exchange tips ect. And I live 10 mins from, j/k.
    Really? If you do it to exchange tips, then expect to learn a few things, like HOW TO MAKE A TEAM BETTER, or HOW TO DEBATE INTELLIGENTLY.

4.Duplicate with no one around? (not too many R/S's sold compaired to R/B). And I was unawair you could win Leftovers.
    Duplication doesn't require 2 gameboys, to start with, and I refer to GSC. in RS, just play battle tower and win stuff. If you didn't know that, why are you arguing crazily?

5.Having 1 speed higher and getting the first hit is luck (if your not online). And I already said Netbattle didn't work on my pc, had to delete it.
    It's not luck. It's your DVs + your training, and a good trainer would keep breeding until he gets what he wants, AKA the best DVs ever. If you have a max stat Ditto, you have quite a decent chance of getting a Max stat something else. Just breed. Also, just because NB didn't work for you doesn't mean

a) It's cheesy, because everyone else uses it.
    b) It doesn't work, because I certainly found it working
    c) you can't use GSBot
    d) You get the right to complain without having a point because you don't even understand how pokemon works.

6.Yes, more protect to go around! And thats kind of a waste killing it... I mean, what if you needed it?
    I don't think anyone would need a 1HP mew on their team, but if that be the case, there's softboiled. If you're the kind of guy who sticks Protect on every GSC pokemon you have, boy, would you be easy to beat.

7.Well I never said they are a waste, everyone else seems to think that. and if could replace Rock Smash with Whirlpool you could trap the Batton Passer Ninjask. And attack it then, same with Mean Look if your willing to use a Ghost type at best.
    No you can't. Baton pass can be executed regardless of trapping, it's just that the pokemon baton passed TO can't switch out normally. So you'd end up whirlpooling a Ninjask, who baton passes to a belly drumming Hariyama who sweeps your team. w00t.

Plz don't bring up Snorlax, that thing has OVERATED TO THE MAX written all over it. Its like hitting a brick wall, even Dragon moves seem like nothing to it. This is no Pokemon its something else, it needs fat reduction I tell you.
    Rotfl. Dragon moves would NOT do anything to it. Why? Because it has 318 special defense, that's why, and Dragon moves are
    a) weak attack wise
    b) runs off special attack, not attack.

Take an earthquake and do that on lax, you'd see results, because Quake runs off attack, targetting snorlax's 228 defense. gg making yourself look like a fool....

Really, if you don't know what flail is, why do you even bother trying to argue? Flail's been around since GSC (which, apparently, you interpret as a typo for RS... Because I certainly don't remember Metagross in GSC)

Protip: Read http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/home1.html ... And then maybe we can begin an interllectual well informed debate about why Hyper beam sucks donkey butt.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • According to the original starter of this thread knives, this is R/S...

flail- a move that does more damage if you have lower current hp. 200 attack power max (a lot higher than hyperbeam would ever dream to be...)

Snorlax is not overrated. All the comments about it are all true. It is certainly a very tough opponent to beat. But just because it's powerful that doesn't mean it needs to be heavily nerfed. A good player should try to think of ways to overcome these powerhouses. Fishtauros (which i dreaded) in the past is a good choice against Snorlax in GSC, for example.

Mana Lugia

Years
  • It WAS RS, until he rebuttled my GSC points. Then it became a GSC discussion.

Note: Your previous post near top said HB avg'd 70 per turn. it's 75 (150/2) ;)

Sturm

Kurokoneko
    Years
  • I have legendary nightmare team...

Groudon lv 100
    Hyper Beam
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Bulk Up

Kyogre lv 100
    Thunder
    Rest
    Surf
    Calm Mind

Rayquaza lv 100
    Fire Blast
    Blizzard
    Thunder
    Hyper Beam

Registeel lv 100
    Iron Defense
    Amnesia
    Rest
    Toxic

Jirachi lv 100
    Doom Desire
    Cosmic Power
    Rest
    Thunderbolt

Deoxys lv 100
    Cosmic Power
    Recover
    Focus Punch
    Double Team

This team is cheaty...you know...
    Combo...

Kyogre
    100% Thunder and super defense

Registeel
    Waste foe's PP

Deoxys
    Focus Punch+Double Team= lol

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • I downloaded Netbattle... You called that close to game quality? Attack power for 4 moves was off, im not 100% sure on this but I don't think Ghosts are weak against Psychic. Some guy used hyper beam and ws attacking the next turn wtf? Atleast people had good movesets, lol Mew exploded on Snolax after 3 Sword dances ROTFLMAO!!! Most fun I ever had.

I rate it 7/10, can't even get into RSbot... So why bother.

And Lugia you where talking about GSC, this is abviously a RS topic, so stay on-topic.

Also would this work? I was thinking, Ninjask is a living batterie pack. All you need to do is Sword Dance 3 times, then Screech 2 times and then Baton Pass.

Ninjask
    Protect
    Baton Pass
    Screech (Replacing Aerial Ace)
    Sword Dance

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back