• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon card Mew V (print?) error

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2021
    Dear Pokémon fans,

My kid asked me the other day to check the damage stats of his Mew V darkness ablaze card.
    On the card there is a 50x printed with below it a text: "This attack does 30 damage for each Energy attached to both Active Pokémon".
    Initially confused about this 50x and below text, I checked online to see how this works and why it says 50x instead of 30x.
    All other cards I found on various websites of this Mew V (of 2020) have 30x printed on it, now I am under the impression it might be a misprint.

I understand that misprints are quite common with cards but am wondering is it worth putting such a card on an online marketplace for sale or are there specific trade/collector platforms out there for this very purpose?

Any advice on this is very welcome.

Thank you in advance.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • What you have is likely a counterfeit. Here's a fake pack opening that features a 50x Mew V: https://youtu.be/n9N7QczuAQU?t=1030

Also, one of the more common tells on fake cards is the direction of the highlight on the type/energy icons, so be sure to look at that. The highlight should be on the left side, but fakes often have the light coming from the right. (The only exception to this to my knowledge are some of the earlier Japanese-exclusive jumbo cards.)

Last edited:
    Back