• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Iam new to scripting and my basic msg script refuses to work

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2017
    I was inserting an NPC in the pokemon lightning yellow hack GBA .The "technology is incredible"guy is not present so I decided to put him in the game using basic message script,but every time I insert the script the NPC does not respond.If I give the script to any other NPC they to do not respond which is weird because if I insert any other script it works just fine.
    Here is the script :-
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @talk1
    = Technology is incredible!\nYou can store and recall items and\lPOKeMON as data via the PC.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • I was inserting an NPC in the pokemon lightning yellow hack GBA .The "technology is incredible"guy is not present so I decided to put him in the game using basic message script,but every time I insert the script the NPC does not respond.If I give the script to any other NPC they to do not respond which is weird because if I insert any other script it works just fine.
    Here is the script :-
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @talk1
    = Technology is incredible!\nYou can store and recall items and\lPOKeMON as data via the PC.
    Script looks fine. Make sure that if you're using a save state you use a warp before talking to him. Additionally, confirm that every NPC on the map as a unique person ID.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2017
    It still does not work I have tried different scripts but just this specific dialogue refuses to work

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2017
    I think there is something wrong with my ROM.I cannot find a down load for the latest version
    I either need an up to date download link.

Back