• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team to power through the game a 2nd time

Years
Like I said in my introduction thread, games were stolen then haven't played for awhile.
Now, I'm back again and only just arrived in Santalune City. So I have a long ways to go!

The team I'm using I got through a best friend of mine and one through wonder trade.

Froakie- Nature: Adamant. I resetted the game a few times to try and get either Jolly or Adamant!
Shiny Baby Ralts- Nature: Modest. Moveset: Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Shadow Ball! (Got this from my friend)
Shiny Baby Charmander- Nature: Modest. And it came with Flamethrower =D (Got this from my friend)
Treecko- Nature: Modest. Got this one through Wonder Trade. (Got this from Wonder Trade)
Deino- Nature: Modest. It came with Hidden Power, Dark Pulse, Dragon Tail, and Protect! (Got this from my friend)

And now I'm looking through Wonder Trade for my 6th pokemon! Edit: Found my 6th pokemon. Croagunk- Nature: Adamant.

I just wanted to assemble a team together and use just THAT team the whole way to Elite Four because I just want to get back to end-game again!

So, tell me what you think of the team I have right now, that's just going to be used for the PvE part of the game.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
just gonna move this on over to In-Game Team Help.....

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Apologies ma'am ^^ Thanks!
It's fine, I just posted that so you weren't wondering where your thread went is all.

Suppose I should try to actually help though, let's see......

Looks pretty solid overall, you should have all or most of the HMs covered, first few badges should be easy enough with those Pokemon (Charmander for the 1st, Froakie+Treecko for the second, Ralts for the 3rd), and you should be able to cover mostly everything else I can remember. The Ralts is more suited to become a Gardevoir later.

The Deino line is also a slightly awkward evolutionary family to use during the main story because of the relatively high levels for evolution, as well as that the first two forms are more physically inclined but then the final form switches to a more specially inclined mixed attacker. Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse are must-haves on Hydreigon, though not necessary on Deino and Zweilous, though fortunately Dark Pulse is a TM in Gen 6, and it can re-learn Dragon Pulse from the move re-learner in Dendemile Town, so you can re-teach it those moves when it finally becomes a Hydreigon (Modest is also a good nature for Hydreigon btw). If you don't wanna deal with all that, Axew and Bagon are catchable before the 2nd badge (in Zubat Cave, and the route right after Zubat Cave, respectively). They evolve earlier and don't have as drastic a shift in role. Though Hydreigon can learn Surf so Froakie can save a slot for a non-HM move (yours is Adamant so Waterfall works a little better on it anyway).

Getting a Poison STAB move on Croagunk will be important so you have something to smash the Fairy Gym with, fortunately the Poison Jab TM is sold in Shalour City, where the 3rd Gym is.

I don't think any of your Pokemon can learn a (good) Ground type move though, but the Electric Gym will probably be ok cuz you have a couple of resists....

.....oh I kinda typed a lot, hope it helps somehow

Years
It's fine, I just posted that so you weren't wondering where your thread went is all.

Suppose I should try to actually help though, let's see......

Looks pretty solid overall, you should have all or most of the HMs covered, first few badges should be easy enough with those Pokemon (Charmander for the 1st, Froakie+Treecko for the second, Ralts for the 3rd), and you should be able to cover mostly everything else I can remember. The Ralts is more suited to become a Gardevoir later.

The Deino line is also a slightly awkward evolutionary family to use during the main story because of the relatively high levels for evolution, as well as that the first two forms are more physically inclined but then the final form switches to a more specially inclined mixed attacker. Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse are must-haves on Hydreigon, though not necessary on Deino and Zweilous, though fortunately Dark Pulse is a TM in Gen 6, and it can re-learn Dragon Pulse from the move re-learner in Dendemile Town, so you can re-teach it those moves when it finally becomes a Hydreigon (Modest is also a good nature for Hydreigon btw). If you don't wanna deal with all that, Axew and Bagon are catchable before the 2nd badge (in Zubat Cave, and the route right after Zubat Cave, respectively). They evolve earlier and don't have as drastic a shift in role. Though Hydreigon can learn Surf so Froakie can save a slot for a non-HM move (yours is Adamant so Waterfall works a little better on it anyway).

Getting a Poison STAB move on Croagunk will be important so you have something to smash the Fairy Gym with, fortunately the Poison Jab TM is sold in Shalour City, where the 3rd Gym is.

I don't think any of your Pokemon can learn a (good) Ground type move though, but the Electric Gym will probably be ok cuz you have a couple of resists....

.....oh I kinda typed a lot, hope it helps somehow

Yes yes this helped a lot ^^ Thank you!
And I was fighting one trainer who had a Pichu and Pikachu! While battling him, it hit me that I had no ground types XD
So.. uhh.. maybe I'll be fine :o Is Mud Bomb any good though? Which Croagunk learns at lvl 29.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
You might be able to power through without a Ground move. Mud Bomb's not really what I'd use though, Toxicroak is somewhat more physically inclined, especially since yours is Adamant. Earthquake would be the best option but you don't get that TM until very late in the game, but there is Dig and Bulldoze in the Shalour and Lumiose City PokeMarts (admittedly Bulldoze has roughly the same base power as Mud Bomb and Dig has that charge up turn, but again, Adamant nature).

Back