• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
These rumors are mostly proven to be true. I think it is a good bet to trust the rest of what the guy says, up to you though.

Anyways, I am hoping to see the Evo forms of the starters and the lion cub. I am also hoping to see the other form of Mewtwo and at least 1 other legendary or the trio.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
To be honest, I think revealing 1 new pokemon a month would be better. I want to discover new pokemon in the game. However, I can't just ignore the pokemon that are revealed - i'm obsessed with this stuff.

Just gimme the new Type-Chart before the game starts!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Definitely. I don't even care if Mewtwo gets another forme--but, similar with "what if they introduce another Eevee evolution later?," it would be very...weird to announce one forme at one time and then another forme later. And to give one forme a movie and neglect the other one is just silly.

And double-type attacks can't even really work. It still haunts my nightmares.

Anything else this guy says can be true--just no dual-typed attacks. It's absurd.
I kind of like the idea of dual-type attacks though, the potential of doing damage with two typings. I think it sounds exciting and interesting, and it'd definitely make things a bit more interesting. Granted, I feel as though this would only be a certain set of moves and not a huge list, much like those special 'combo' moves from Gen 5.

Although I agree with you about neglecting a possible second forme to Mewtwo, at the same time, who's to say that we won't see the second one in this movie or even a future one? Maybe this forme will be a 'exclusive event' type deal, much like how the last Pokemon in each generation's national dex is generally kept publicly secret and reserved for special events? All I'm saying is that, you just never know for sure. I'm wholly open to Mewtwo getting a second forme, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if it never happened.

I would agree with the general idea that next months 'big scoop' is probably related to the starter's evolutions, if at all related to Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Interesting news the last two days. Right now I'm fairly certain that the Pokebeach leaker is legit. I'm guessing that his Fairy type chart is also legit: Super-effective against Dragon, Dark, Fighting. Immune to Dragon. Weak to Poison and Steel. Fire and Psychic resist.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I kind of like the idea of dual-type attacks though, the potential of doing damage with two typings. I think it sounds exciting and interesting, and it'd definitely make things a bit more interesting. Granted, I feel as though this would only be a certain set of moves and not a huge list, much like those special 'combo' moves from Gen 5.

Although I agree with you about neglecting a possible second forme to Mewtwo, at the same time, who's to say that we won't see the second one in this movie or even a future one? Maybe this forme will be a 'exclusive event' type deal, much like how the last Pokemon in each generation's national dex is generally kept publicly secret and reserved for special events? All I'm saying is that, you just never know for sure. I'm wholly open to Mewtwo getting a second forme, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if it never happened.

I would agree with the general idea that next months 'big scoop' is probably related to the starter's evolutions, if at all related to Pokemon.
I'll actually like it there were more combo moves, and these moves ended up being the "dual type" moves, inflicting damage from the types used to make it. Hey maybe Pokémon has move fusion outside of battle allowing us to create unique moves...that would be big news and an interesting feature :).

I feel they should save the starters evolutions for the October issue (the one coming out in September).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Interesting news the last two days. Right now I'm fairly certain that the Pokebeach leaker is legit. I'm guessing that his Fairy type chart is also legit: Super-effective against Dragon, Dark, Fighting. Immune to Dragon. Weak to Poison and Steel. Fire and Psychic resist.

Its already been shown that they aren't Strong against Dark though. Hydreigon survived a Special Fairy Attack boosted by STAB from a Gardevoir. That should have KO'd Hydreigon since Hydreigon has a fairly average Special Defense. Instead it left him with a little over what looked to be a quarter. Based on that there's not much chance of Fairy being SE against Dark.

That type match up also didn't include Ice as being weak to Fairy. Smash said Ice is weak to Fairy Type in their skit.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
That chart doesn't sound all to right to me, and Xander presents some good evidence as well. The leaker has given us some truth but I wouldn't buy into everything he says. As for the '"news of the century" the way it is being hyped and made to sound, it looks like it is at least something positive. If I had to guess, possibly how many Pokemon are comming with X and Y and it is such a ridiculous number, or possibly 3rd Gen. remakes. I don't know. I just do not see evolutions or new forms as being news of the century.

Hell, for all we know the news could be that they are making Sonic and Kirby in to Pokemon or something I don't know! But, something like that is certainly more ground breaking than the evolutions of the starters or, yet another form for Mewtwo. Look, I get it, it's cool and all, but don't overdo it. Two forms of a Gen. 1 Pokemon, that seems a bit much to me and truthfully if they do, I think I will lose all respect for Mewtwo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just to note here that the only way Hydreigon could've survived something like Fairy Wind if it did hit for x4 theoretically, is if it's base power was somewhere around like 30-40. However, I don't even think it's that weak, and I think it still hovers around 60, so yeah. ^^;

Lower. It has to be at 30 as even with around 40 Base power it would have been hit it to red.

30 BP does between 180 - 216 Damage. Which is around the area that Hydreigon took damage. But an attack like that being 30 is way too much of a stretch.

Years
Yeah, that'll be as weak as struggle bug...
Though if Fairy is strong against Ice perhaps Ice can still be strong against it just how Normal and Ghost don't work on each other.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Not sure if this counts as a rumor, but a 4chan user posted this regarding Team Flare:

Team Flare are using the fossil and cloning tech developed by Team Rocket sometime before the Gen I.

They are acting like they are the first people to have ever done this (see pic).

Flare is the name of a small rocket used as a distress signal at sea.

Team Flare is the embryonic form of team Rocket and at the games conclusion Geovani probably forms Team Rocket from the ashes of Team Flare after the player has defeated it and runs off to an obsqure backwater called Kanto to rebuild his team and become great once more...

X and Y are the prequels to the Gen I games in the same way that Zelda OoT was to Zelda aLttP.

This is next month's big Corocoro "scoop of the century".

The picture it was referring to was the Flare grunt saying "If we can restore fossils, we can make some good money," which sounded like fossil revival is brand new in the Kalos region.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not sure if this counts as a rumor, but a 4chan user posted this regarding Team Flare:

The picture it was referring to was the Flare grunt saying "If we can restore fossils, we can make some good money," which sounded like fossil revival is brand new in the Kalos region.

I doubt these would be prequels due to having a large amount of gen 5's mixed in. Fossil Restoration is "new" in every generation despite it being created in Gen 1/3.

I think Flare is looking to make their own restoration machine rather than use one by the other scientists. They may not have many science-y people on their team yet. Then again they may just be looking for Fossils to restore and that phrase simply means they are searching for fossils to restore so they can make money rather than searching for a way to revive them.

Its a pretty ambidextrous phrase. It can go practically any way you decide to read it.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Obviously, Gym Leader Blaine is the founder of Team Flare. That is why they are fire-type and interested in fossils.

Better have a Burn Heal ! :15:

Years
I doubt these would be prequels due to having a large amount of gen 5's mixed in. Fossil Restoration is "new" in every generation despite it being created in Gen 1/3.

I think Flare is looking to make their own restoration machine rather than use one by the other scientists. They may not have many science-y people on their team yet. Then again they may just be looking for Fossils to restore and that phrase simply means they are searching for fossils to restore so they can make money rather than searching for a way to revive them.

Its a pretty ambidextrous phrase. It can go practically any way you decide to read it.
They always retcon the existence of past Pokémon so it proably doesn't matter how much Gen V Pokémon are in Kalos. Irc Generation IV and V didn't have anything about making the fossil machine. Only III and I have it built which would make sense as they are said to take place around the same time (though Hoenn may have built it's own independently at a slightly later time considering it's pretty far from Kanto).

I don't trust the rumors though, their source isn't highly reliable...

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
By the way, has anyone heard word of the new Mewtwo form?
Was it shown during the movie or what?
Cuz if someone sketched Orotto, then why didnt anyone sketch an idea of the other M2 form?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
By the way, has anyone heard word of the new Mewtwo form?
Was it shown during the movie or what?
Cuz if someone sketched Orotto, then why didnt anyone sketch an idea of the other M2 form?

Awakened/Speed Form Mewtwo was the only form showed in the movie. Calling it speed form because the translators said that Mewtwo used the form for speed.

Years
Eh. I've made that argument in the past that because Mewtwo has a new form, that Mew should deserve the same treatment, but I guess GF has their reasons why they didn't give Mew a new form.

...Probably because it'd be really hard to imagine what it'd look like in a separate form.
And besides Dialga and Palkia also didn't get forme when Giratina did (one could argue this for the Tao trio but since they're fusions in a way it is sort of another forme for Zekrom and Reshiram only with Kyurem parts, well at least they can be seen as such.)

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I don't think Mewtwo is going to get two new forms. That seems like overkill to me. Mew doesn't need a new one. It would be pointless just giving Mew one just so things can be fair.If anything, I think Dark will be super effective against Fairy, not the other way around.

Back