• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Thirsty Guard

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In the original Kanto games and their remakes, this guard will literally not let you pass through his gate just because he's thirsty. Jerk! In the original games, you had to buy a drink from the vending machine and then give it to him to pass, but in FR/LG, you have to get some tea from the old lady in a big building in Celadon City. She even says not to waste money on buying drinks when she's about to give you the tea.

What did you think of this roadblock? I hated it. A lot. Do your job, you stupid guard!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Never really hated it given that roadblocks are normal in games, although it is a rather strange one, not letting people pass because you need a drink. Like what was the reasoning for making it that specifically?

idk if it tops the "we're here for no reason and will leave for no reason someday" one tho

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I never pay too much attention to roadblocks in the games, especially not the one that prevented us from visiting Yamabuki/Saffron City since it's not like there was much to do there anyway, at least not until we got to a certain point in the games.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • idk if it tops the "we're here for no reason and will leave for no reason someday" one tho

nothing will ever top that ridiculous roadblock

also, i find it even worse that even though this guard is blocking the road to Saffron but Team Rocket is still there. He's really not doing his job properly.

Years
  • The roadblock was not too bad but could have been done better. Like if the guard just doesn't like you and you need to be friends with him.

Back