• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Card] Fake or real? Mega Lucario EX 2015 55/111

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2021
    Hello,

I'm trying to determine if my Mega Lucario EX is fake or real. Most of the pictures I can find of the 2015 Mega Lucario EX 55/111 show the three energy attack as Rising Fist.

And, when I search for Lucario on Pokemon.com card database, that's what I see.

However, my card has "Dragon Pulse" as the attack, and I am finding some pictures on-line of this card with Dragon Pulse.

Is the search on Pokemon.com exhaustive?

I believe my card is a fake but wanted to understand how I can go about verifying this on my own in the future?

Is there a more appropriate forum for this question?

Thank you,

Bob

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I found some images of the card in question and can confirm it is fake. Here are a few tell-tale signs:

• HP font is too small
    • Type and Energy icons have the highlight on the wrong side
    • "Pokémon" in the Mega Evolution rule lacks the accented "é"

Here's a list of known error cards. If your card has a significant error and isn't on this list, it's likely fake. https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Error_cards

Last edited:
    Back