• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tcg battle clarification

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    I need a question answered. I'm playing my son at tcg and he tried using dragon burst with a Rayquaza EX on my Regice, after my Regice had used Resistance Blizzard. His EX is supposed to dump all his energy and get attack bonus for each. Except he didn't bother to pay attention that my Regice ignores all effects including damage by any EX after using Resistance Blizzard. My son insists that since his attack had no effect he shouldn't lose the energy. I on the other hand think that if he chose that attack, and I asked if he was certain that he wanted to before he did it, then he must abide by the conditions of that attack and lose his energy. Who is right?

Years
  • I need a question answered. I'm playing my son at tcg and he tried using dragon burst with a Rayquaza EX on my Regice, after my Regice had used Resistance Blizzard. His EX is supposed to dump all his energy and get attack bonus for each. Except he didn't bother to pay attention that my Regice ignores all effects including damage by any EX after using Resistance Blizzard. My son insists that since his attack had no effect he shouldn't lose the energy. I on the other hand think that if he chose that attack, and I asked if he was certain that he wanted to before he did it, then he must abide by the conditions of that attack and lose his energy. Who is right?

Resistance Blizzard only prevents the effects of those attacks that target Regice. All other effects still happen.

Back