• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Factory error or illegitimate card?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2021
    I just bought two "factory sealed" jungle booster packs from eBay. I opened them and they look legitimate, though they do smell a little moldy (I'm assuming this is due to how they were stored over the years).

I noticed that the stamp on the holo Scyther looks a bit off but nothing else about the card seems outright concerning to me. Can anyone tell me if this looks like a simple factory error or if the pack has potentially been tampered with? I don't see this issue with any of the other cards.

Attachments

• Factory error or illegitimate card?
      Scyther.jpg
      88.2 KB · Views: 17
    • Factory error or illegitimate card?
      Scyther-Paras-comparison.jpg
      150.8 KB · Views: 16

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'd guess that it's just a print error (possibly a worn printing plate), and that the others don't share the error because non-holos are printed separately from holos.

Back