• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Ancestors of all Pokemon! [Mew and Mewtwo Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
Mew and Mewtwo club
Hey everybody, This is the club for the two pokemon that once fought and then became friends! You can post your own pictures and topics that are about mew or mewtwo
Mewtwo_and_Mew.jpg

Mew appearances: Pokemon the first movie, Pokemon Master of Mirage and Pokemon lucario the mystery of Mew!
Games: Pokemon Emerald in the faraway island
Mewtwo appearances: Pokemon the First Movie, Pokemon Master of mirage and Pokemon mewtwo returns!
Games: y/r/b/g, Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf green In the cerulean cave.

Rules:
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to keep active!
4. You can choose any Pokemon you like nicknames included.
5. Enjoy!

Sign-Up Form:
Username:
Why do you like Mew or Mewtwo?
Answer the current topic!

User List

Romeo010
T-Zombie
LilJz1234
Olli97
Travel_Travitron_
Zorua4ever

Last edited by a moderator:

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
Username:Romeo010
Partner Pokemon:banette
How cute is mew: As cute as pink
How strong is mewtwo: As strong as arceus
Why you like mew or mewtwo: Mew
Since i don't know what the current topic is I'll post a picture...
pokemon___mewtwo_and_mew_by_zaidacrescent-d5dhtbf.png

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
Username: T-Zombie
Partner pokemon: Snorunt/Shedinja
How cute is mew: freaking adorable
How strong is mewtwo: the Chuck Norris of pokemon
Why do you like mew and mewtwo: they don't need a third mew-ish pokemon and pink pokemon are epic
Answer the latest topic: I don't know it so i'll make it: Mew/Mewtwo rumors, I heard on a website that Ditto was actually a failed clone of Mew or a Mewtwo prototype. Both Mew and Ditto have close to the same shiny colors, weight the same and they are the only ones to learn transform

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: LilJz1234
Partner Pokemon: Mew
How cute is mew: So cute, one my favorite Pokemon :)
How strong is mewtwo: Probably the strongest Pokemon alive, maybe even stronger than Arceus?
Why you like mew or mewtwo: Mew is the ancestor of every Pokemon and Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, which makes him the uncle or something? xD

Answer the current topic: I don't think Ditto is a failed Mew clone since nothing on Bulbapedia is confirming that statement, I think it's just a fan made urban Pokelegend?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Username: LilJz1234
How cute is mew: So cute, one my favorite Pokemon :)
How strong is mewtwo: Probably the strongest Pokemon alive, maybe even stronger than Arceus?
Why you like mew or mewtwo: Mew is the ancestor of every Pokemon and Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, which makes him the uncle or something? xD

Answer the current topic: I don't think Ditto is a failed Mew clone since nothing on Bulbapedia is confirming that statement, I think it's just a fan made urban Pokelegend?
Well yeah, no official source has stated it, but to quote from DYKG, Mew and Ditto weigh exactly the same, share the same colour palettes, both for regular and shiny forms, they are the only Pokemon that can learn transform naturally, experiments on creating Mewtwo took place in Cinnabar Mansion, which is one of the few places Ditto can be found, as well as Dittos can also be found in the Cerulean Cave, getting more and more frequent the closer you get to it. So even if it was never stated by anyone from Gamefreak or otherwise related to the whole thing, the evidence is all there. Don't tell me you think it's just a coincidence :p A flaw in this though is, that Mewtwo don't have any of those abilities

And it's subtle things like this I like about the games. It gives you a reason to keep playing and exploring, even older games :D

Also, to the owner, if I have to join the club to join in on discussions, just say so :)

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
some pokedex entries state that Mew is found in south America, a place you can't get to in pokemon games, which could mean that Mews are found in an alternate dimension. This explains why Mew can't be found in games. Other evidences that supports this theory is that Mewtwo is supposed to be the ultimate pokemon but Mew can still very well defeat it which meaning that the alternate dimension is harder to survive in than the pokemon dimension. This is a theory made by me so don't completely destroy it please

Olli

Years
It's a good enough theory, however Mews do exist in the games, since otherwise there'd be no DNA for the scientists to clone Mew from. It may however be extinct, and is only left to survive in the alternate dimension, however I think it's just a slip-up on the developers' part (or the localization team). One thing to support this theory though, Mew wasn't part of the original Pokedex unless you got via an event, hacked it, or found it through the Mew glitch, in which case it was number 151 in the Pokedex. How does it make sense for the Pokemon that was cloned to be after the clone in the Pokedex, if it wasn't because there was none of the Pokemon left in that world?

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
It's a good enough theory, however Mews do exist in the games, since otherwise there'd be no DNA for the scientists to clone Mew from. It may however be extinct, and is only left to survive in the alternate dimension, however I think it's just a slip-up on the developers' part (or the localization team). One thing to support this theory though, Mew wasn't part of the original Pokedex unless you got via an event, hacked it, or found it through the Mew glitch, in which case it was number 151 in the Pokedex. How does it make sense for the Pokemon that was cloned to be after the clone in the Pokedex, if it wasn't because there was none of the Pokemon left in that world?
In the first movie it says that they found a mew fossil and I never said Mew didn't exist in games I just said it couldn't be found without an event. Mew has AMAZING powers and maybe he could travel through dimensions and in a time when Mew wasn't so rare(prehistoric times) a Mew could of been fossilized to quote a pokedex entry "Apparently, it appears only to those people who are pure of heart and have a strong desire to see it." So it could be like the Bigfoot of pokemon and have one foot in an alternate dimension( south America)but it is just a theory and many Pokedex entries state that Mew stays in one dimension.I know that Mew was just a secret pokemon unknown by Nintendo when pokemon just started out and I just wanted to make an explanation as to why Mew is so rare. Thanks for taking interest in my theory.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Ditto might have a lot of resemblance to Mew, but if they really wanted to make the story like that, they would of mentioned something, don't ya think? :P

Olli

Years
In the first movie it says that they found a mew fossil and I never said Mew didn't exist in games I just said it couldn't be found without an event. Mew has AMAZING powers and maybe he could travel through dimensions and in a time when Mew wasn't so rare(prehistoric times) a Mew could of been fossilized to quote a pokedex entry "Apparently, it appears only to those people who are pure of heart and have a strong desire to see it." So it could be like the Bigfoot of pokemon and have one foot in an alternate dimension( south America)but it is just a theory and many Pokedex entries state that Mew stays in one dimension.I know that Mew was just a secret pokemon unknown by Nintendo when pokemon just started out and I just wanted to make an explanation as to why Mew is so rare. Thanks for taking interest in my theory.
I always love a good theory, as long as it makes some sense. Theorizing is a big part of any franchise, and if you got any, then you might as well just throw them out there. Nintendo is especially good at throwing loose ends for people to wonder about and start coming up with theories about, so if you have any others with Mewtwo and Mew, feel free to throw them out here :)

Ditto might have a lot of resemblance to Mew, but if they really wanted to make the story like that, they would of mentioned something, don't ya think? :P
Not necessarily. If they served everything to us on a silver platter, where would all the fun be. Subtle things left for the fans to connect the dots, and this might just be one of those. I mean, all the resemblances are just too much to not mean something, and I seriously doubt it could've just been coincidence. And it would make sense, so no reason to shun off the idea, just because no official source has claimed it to be true :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Maybe it's just for fans to think of something or maybe it's just pure coincidence, we'll never know until they tell us something. But figuring out these stuffs makes Pokemon a lot more fun.

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Username: Travel_Travitron_
Partner Pokemon: Snorlax
How cute is mew: Mew is pink, shows-off silly behavior, and incredibly cute all the time.
How strong is mewtwo: Mewtwo can probably destroy a planet. He reminds me of Frieza from Dragonball Z
Why you like mew or mewtwo: Click the attachment to see why. Have an exciting, joyful, and rainy day. :D

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
Maybe Mewtwo is pale because Mew is a bright color. Think about it Mew is generally friendly and nice towards people but Mewtwo hates everyone and likes to be left alone. Mewtwo's pale coloring may be because Mewtwo is the complete opposite of Mew.
Mew(bright pink)- Mewtwo(pale purple)

Years
Username: Zorua4ever
How cute is mew: OMG I love cats in real life and I love psycic types. Mews eyes are huge and how can you resist hugging so much cuteness!!! (Hope that answers it)
How strong is mewtwo: He was the strongest pokemon until Arceus cam into the picture
Why you like mew or mewtwo: I love mew because of how cute it is and is playful attitude

That is a good reasoning but what about their shiny forms? How do you explain Mewtwo being green and mew being Blue?

Olli

Years
Maybe Mewtwo is pale because Mew is a bright color. Think about it Mew is generally friendly and nice towards people but Mewtwo hates everyone and likes to be left alone. Mewtwo's pale coloring may be because Mewtwo is the complete opposite of Mew.
Mew(bright pink)- Mewtwo(pale purple)
I'll have to disagree with you there. Or partially at least. While Mewtwo may have been originally intended to be a cold-hearted monster of a Pokemon, he isn't evil. Following the anime, he was corrupted by Team Rocket, and he went out into the world knowing he wasn't a real Pokemon, a one of a kind. He may seem like he wants to be left alone, but I think it's because he'd feel left out even if he was with other Pokemon, because he himself was cloned from another one. I think that's the reason he hangs out with his clones, because they're like him and he feels part of a group with them. So he may have been evil throughout most of the first movie, but he was softened up by Ash's selfless act, which showed how none of the other clones he'd created actually wanted to take over the world.

Seeing from a game perspective, I can agree with you. He's found deep within the Cerulean Cave, sheltered from humans, and the cave is blocked off because it's too dangerous for normal people and trainers to go in there. It was also said in the manga (which follows the games much more accurately information-wise) that Mewtwo was dangerous and, if I remember correctly, wanted to destroy the world (he also had a spoon). So looking from all the information we could gather from the game alone, Mewtwo would seem to be the opposite of Mew, however nowhere has it actually been stated that Mewtwo actually had evil intents.

All this reminds me of something I saw on memebase.

91b.jpg

It says that Giovanni tried to save the world, so either they're just assuming the same thing, or Mewtwo might actually be evil :p But yeah, this kinda changed my opinion on Giovanni from the games, even though it's just a theory.

Ownership of the club has been transferred to T-Zombie​

Last edited:

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
Username: Zorua4ever
How cute is mew: OMG I love cats in real life and I love psycic types. Mews eyes are huge and how can you resist hugging so much cuteness!!! (Hope that answers it)
How strong is mewtwo: He was the strongest pokemon until Arceus cam into the picture
Why you like mew or mewtwo: I love mew because of how cute it is and is playful attitude

That is a good reasoning but what about their shiny forms? How do you explain Mewtwo being green and mew being Blue?

I never thought about shiny forms, but Mewtwo's colors are still darker than Mew's.

I'll have to disagree with you there. Or partially at least. While Mewtwo may have been originally intended to be a cold-hearted monster of a Pokemon, he isn't evil. Following the anime, he was corrupted by Team Rocket, and he went out into the world knowing he wasn't a real Pokemon, a one of a kind. He may seem like he wants to be left alone, but I think it's because he'd feel left out even if he was with other Pokemon, because he himself was cloned from another one. I think that's the reason he hangs out with his clones, because they're like him and he feels part of a group with them. So he may have been evil throughout most of the first movie, but he was softened up by Ash's selfless act, which showed how none of the other clones he'd created actually wanted to take over the world.

Seeing from a game perspective, I can agree with you. He's found deep within the Cerulean Cave, sheltered from humans, and the cave is blocked off because it's too dangerous for normal people and trainers to go in there. It was also said in the manga (which follows the games much more accurately information-wise) that Mewtwo was dangerous and, if I remember correctly, wanted to destroy the world (he also had a spoon). So looking from all the information we could gather from the game alone, Mewtwo would seem to be the opposite of Mew, however nowhere has it actually been stated that Mewtwo actually had evil intents.

All this reminds me of something I saw on memebase.

91b.jpg

It says that Giovanni tried to save the world, so either they're just assuming the same thing, or Mewtwo might actually be evil :p But yeah, this kinda changed my opinion on Giovanni from the games, even though it's just a theory.

Ownership of the club has been transferred to T-Zombie​
I guess this theory isn't really a medium (manga, games, etcetera.) wide thing but it works in the games and manga (sorta). Thanks for checking my theory, I never thought about Giovanni trying to save the world but it leaves a lot of unanswered things (like the Marowak killing). I added your name to the user list, could you please put a sign up to join. Thanks. It's Hamtaro Time

Okay we gotta pick this place up.ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

okay... Do you guys think Mew and Mewtwo will have any significance to pokemon X and Y? If yes how?

Last edited by a moderator:

Olli

Years
Ah, sorry about the ~little~ delay in signing up :/

Username: Olli97
Why do you like Mew or Mewtwo?: My opinions on the two don't really come from battle experience, as I barely have any with Mew, and Mewtwo wasn't as strong as it was made out to be. The reason I like them is mainly because of their origins, and how interesting they made the Pokemon, and to this day, I still feel like they're some of the Pokemon with the best background, well, at least Mewtwo.

I like how Mew was basically the definition of legendary in its day, since it was unobtainable unless you got through an event, which I believe only ever came in Japan, or got it through whatever glitches there were. And all in all, it wasn't even that great, but it's one of those things that are just vaguely hinted at, which makes everyone go crazy in search for it, which is a common theme with the older video games, from before the internet was widely accessible. And while it seems like Gamefreak has tried to get the same reaction again with some of the newer legendaries, Gamesharks and the likes have just hindered us from staying in the dark about anything. So R/B/Y and G/S/C were really the golden days of that.

My love for Mewtwo comes mostly from the anime version. His whole backstory was explained in the game and all, but when character was added to him, he just felt so different. His character was great, and you can understand his pain at points, and I just can't wait for him to make a return (I believe it was coming up in a movie or episode or something), because his character is truly one of the best the anime has provided us with.

Do you guys think Mew and Mewtwo will have any significance to pokemon X and Y? If yes how?

Well, kind of an outdated topic, considering a Pokemon with some kind of relation to Mewtwo was recently revealed. I don't believe any information about the Pokemon has been given, but it's either a different form of Mewtwo, or the Pokemon people have been waiting for, Mewthree. I can't really say how I feel about it, since it may just be a way to get older fans of the games to come back, by digging into the roots of the franchise. But then again, it may just be for the current fans to get back something that most people loved. But we'll see :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back