• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

JadeX Competitive Team

JadeX

Prince
Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    UU TEAM

JadeX Competitive Team

Froslass @ Focus Sash
    Timid
    Snow Cloak
    252 Sp.Atk , 252 Speed , 4 def
    -Spikes
    -Taunt
    -Destiny Bond
    -Ice Beam

JadeX Competitive Team

Donphan @ Leftover
    Adamant
    Sturdy
    252 Atk , 252 Def , 4 HP
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Rapid Spin
    -Stealth Rock

JadeX Competitive Team

Feraligatr @ Leftover
    252 Atk , 252 Speed , 4 HP
    -Dragon Dance
    -Aqua Tail
    -Ice Punch
    -Earthquake

JadeX Competitive Team

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
    Technician
    Adamant
    252 Atk , 252 HP , 4 Def
    -Mach Punch
    -Close Combat
    -Fake Out
    -Bulk Up

JadeX Competitive Team

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    Synchronize
    252 Sp.Atk , 252 Speed , 4 HP
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Hyper Beam

JadeX Competitive Team

Ninetales @ Life Orb
    Timid
    Flashfire
    252 Sp.Atk , 252 Speed , 4 HP
    -Hypnosis
    -Nasty Plot
    -Energy Ball
    -Flame Thrower

OU TEAM

JadeX Competitive Team

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Naive
    Levitate
    252 Speed , 6 Atk , 252 Atk
    -Taunt
    -Explosion
    -Stealth Rock
    -Zen Headbutt

Azelf serves as a good lead because of it's speed of setting up Stealth Rock fast enough .
    With Focus Sash , it could survive just in time for Explosion but normally , I would just use Psychic to sweep (unless there's potential foe with prior attacks like Scizor's bullet punch etc)

JadeX Competitive Team

Togekiss @ Leftover
    Calm Nature
    Serene Grace
    252 HP , 252 Sp.Def , 4 Def
    -Air Slash
    -Thunderwave
    -Roost
    -Aura Sphere

Works as a wall for switching in my team .
    Its high special defense had proven itself worthy of taking hits .
    It usually managed to survived Thunderbolt/Ice Beam and then strikes back with a Thunderwave.
    Roost for recovery and then Airslashes ( or Aura Sphere if Air Slash takes too long , like steel pokemon)
    It's ability to take hits are why I chose Togekiss over Jirachi .If not , my pokemon team would have been too frail.

JadeX Competitive Team

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    Nature Cure
    136 HP , 156 Def , 216 Speed
    -Rapid Spin
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt

Rapid Spin is to knock off Stealth Rock which might disturbed Azlef (1hp) , Togekisss and Salamence .
    Surf is often used as a base attack . Thunderbolt is for other water pokemon and mainly , Gyrados.
    The EV allows Starmie to survive strong attacks .

JadeX Competitive Team

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature
    Intimidate
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Fire Fang
    -Earthquake

Typical Dragon Dance and then physical sweep with Outrage .
    Fire Fang serves as a Fire Attack for my team as my team lacked Fire power .
    A heavy sweeper , however it has a short life after doing an Outrage ( A confused Salamence is really like a Gamble , if it hits itself , I'm dead)
    Salamence is sort of the biggest boss in my team .
    Ran a +Speed Nature instead of attack

JadeX Competitive Team

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Steadfast
    -Sword Dance
    -Extreme Speed
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch

Lucario serves as a late game sweeper with Extreme Speed as well as a counter against Prior moves user ( mostly Honchkrow with Sucker Punch or Scizor/Metagross with Bullet punch though Extreme speed doesn't deals much damage to them )
    Close Combat is it's main attack and Ice Punch deals with Ground/Flying/Dragon .
    When boosted with Sword Dance , Lucario had proven itself a very dangerous pokemon .

JadeX Competitive Team

Latias @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    Levitate
    4 HP , 252 Spd , 252 SAtk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick
    - Surf

Latias acts as an insurance against my team's biggest threat (for now) , Dragon Dancers .
    So with Choice Scarf and max speed EV,IV and Nature , Latias SHOULD be able to outspeed them and revenge them with Draco Meteor .
    She is sort of a Starmie no.2 in my team due to Starmie's frailness .

Overall , this team had problem against
    -Honchkrow with Sucker Punch / Scizor with Bullet Punch after sword dance
    -Rain Dance + Swif Swim
    -Dragon Dance + Sweep
    -Stall

So ya , this is my Competitive OU team .
    Definitely need some advice for my team .
    Deeply appreciated . Thanks

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Use Taunt over U-Turn on Azelf, a suicide lead doesn't need to scout, and with Taunt you can Taunt opponents so they don't get SR up since Salamence and Zapdos have a SR weakness.

Last edited by a moderator:

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I'd use life orb/expert belt on starmie instead of leftovers. Leftovers doesn't really do anything to help it survive longer. One strong physical/special hit and its going down.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I'm equipping Choice Scarf to Starmie to outspeed and counter DD Gyrados/DD Mence and Latias .
    (though i don't think I'll manage to OHKO them)
    Had Latias working as an insurance for Starmie incase DD Gyrados and DD Mence got through Starmie .

So I feel like taking Starmie off the team because Latias does it's job better ( other than the rapid-spinning part)
    So maybe replacing Donphan with Starmie ?

Running Taunt over U-Turn for Azlef now.

Not sure whether to run a Speed+ Nature for Salamence in case a faster pokemon got faster than my Salamence with Dragon dance ...

Pokemon team updated .

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
  • If you have a Choice Scarf on Starmie, Rapid Spin is a no-no. You won't like to be trapped in a useless attack, right? Use Psychic over Rapid Spin if you are using Scarf Starmie.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    If you have a Choice Scarf on Starmie, Rapid Spin is a no-no. You won't like to be trapped in a useless attack, right? Use Psychic over Rapid Spin if you are using Scarf Starmie.
    Trick is more useful imo since it allows Starmie to cripple Pokemon like Blissey and Snorlax. Psychic only damages Machamp and Heracross, both of which are dealt with Surf decently. And with Starmie being locked into Psychic it calls out to Tyranitar and friends to switch in and Pursuit it (as if Ice Beam and Thunderbolt were already Pursuit bait).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ugh scarfing Starmie was horrible advice especially when he has Scarf Latias. :|

Both are horrible Pursuit bait anyway so w/e. Just keep LO on it since its at least somewhat useful then. With Recover >> Rapid Spin since you really dont need spin. Also use a less horrible set on Latias, like something with Refresh because you cant take status for ass.

Anyway, CB Scizor rips your team to shreds and so does the SDer. Put in something like Jirachi >> Togeuseless to help with it and Latias and also Tar.

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
    204 Att / 54 S.Att / 252 Speed
    Naive Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt 2hko's Skarmory and OHKO's Gyarados with SR up.

Between Mence and this you SHOULD be able to take Scizor.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Haha . Starmie never survives after using a Rapid Spin -.-"
    I'm just using it to clear the stealth rock away with it's speed .

For Latias , I'm using Choice Scarf just to outspeed Dragon Dancers .

I do agree that Jirachi is faster and is able to take Bullet Punch' hit . But Jirachi is quite frail , and without Togekiss I couldn't switch in Togekiss as a blocker and I also lost a pokemon that can inflict Thunderwave .

I'm thinking of replacing Starmie with Zapdos because Zapdos seemed like a defensive pokemon as well as able to take pokemon like Scizor .

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    But Jirachi is quite frail , and without Togekiss I couldn't switch in Togekiss as a blocker and I also lost a pokemon that can inflict Thunderwave .
    Jirachi has ~8% better physical defenses and ~3% better special defenses than Togekiss, so Togekiss is actually more frail than Jirachi.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Really ?
    I didn't know =X
    I thought Togekiss had a higher special defense as her base stats .

Okay , I'll try a Jirachi out.

Questions :
    Should I replace Draco Meteor for Dragon Pulse as the accuracy is higher and it can let latias survive longer ?

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
  • No, don't switch Draco Meteor for Dragon Pulse, since Draco Meteor has much more power, always a good thing.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Okay =D
    I'll stick to Draco meteor .
    I'm afraid of pursuit because I'm bound to switch out after perfoming a Draco Meteor .
    Anyway , updated on Starmie and made Starmie a more defensive pokemon .
    I really need a Rapid Spinner , the previous battle Stealth Rock weakened my Togekiss and Salamence .

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
  • WTF, Specs Starmie with Recover?! I bet you would never like to be locked in a non attacking move, won't you? If you really want to use Specs/Scarf Starmie, use an EV spread of 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe and use a moveset of Surf or Hydro Pump/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Trick or Psychic. Or, if you want a water type who can take hits well, go with Vaporeon, it totally outclasses Starmie at this job. Also if you really don't want the opponent to set up Stealth Rock and stop Salamence from sweeping, use Taunt over U-turn on Azelf, U-turn is totally a useless move on a suicide lead. Azelf can easily Taunt many common leads, since Aerodactyl is the only common lead who outspeeds it. Also if you're really worried about Latias being Pursuit bait, take it out or use a CM Latias.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Sorry sorry , I just copy and pasted my pokemon team from smogon which is not updated and I just edited Starmie's EV and attack and forgetting to edit its item.

There , it's done .

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    Get rid of Rapid Spin on Starmie, it's totally useless, as someone else said the only time your going to need Rapid Spin support is against things like Aerodactyl, AKA the only SR lead that out speeds you. Go with an offensive Starmie and if I were you I would get rid of Recover, because it's not gonna be taking too many hits. Go with the EV spread, and moveset Fire Wolf suggested or you could use a Life Orb Starmie with the same EV spread but using Ice Beam / Surf / Thunderbolt / Psychic, don't bother using recover, because Starmie will probably get KO'd after losing 10% and being attacked. Get more fire attacks and some Pokemon that can take a Bullet Punch, because Scizor is the most used Pokemon in OU.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Hmm ... Starmie is actually just a spinner and acts as a defense in my game ,
    if I'm going to use it for offense , I might as well change it to other pokemon . I had Heatran/Infernape in mind due to my lacking of fire attacks .
    Anyway , thanks everyone for your advice .

Muse.

.The Uprising.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    all my edits will be in bold.
    Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Naive Nature
    Levitate
    252 Speed , 6 Atk , 252 Atk
    -Taunt
    -Explosion/Flamethrower
    -Stealth Rock
    -Psychic/Flamethrower

Azelf serves as a good lead because of it's speed of setting up Stealth Rock fast enough .
    With Focus Sash , it could survive just in time for Explosion but normally , I would just use Psychic to sweep (unless there's potential foe with prior attacks like Scizor's bullet punch etc)

Okay so your lead is fine, you might want to consider Flamethrower for the pesky steel leads/ switch ins who will be coming in to stop Azelf. Now, this may be a bit extreme but Azelf wont pair up very well against the current metagames leads, which tend to abuse preventatives to SR setups. Ex: Jirachi with Iron Head, Metagross with Bullet Punch, Scizor In general, Machamp with heavy invesment in SpD and Bullet Punch. Although you could be able to work around this, I recommend switching your lead. If you can't do that, just play carefully as you need that SR down.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Serene Grace
    252 HP , 252 Sp.Def , 4 Def
    -Air Slash
    -Thunder wave
    -Roost
    -Aura Sphere

Works as a wall for switching in my team .
    Its high special defense had proven itself worthy of taking hits .
    It usually managed to survived Thunderbolt/Ice Beam and then strikes back with a Thunderwave.
    Roost for recovery and then Airslashes ( or Aura Sphere if Air Slash takes too long , like steel pokemon)
    It's ability to take hits are why I chose Togekiss over Jirachi .If not , my pokemon team would have been too frail.

Pretty standard. Very annoying, but very effective. Nice.

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    Nature Cure
    136 HP , 156 Def , 216 Speed
    -Rapid Spin
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt

Rapid Spin is to knock off Stealth Rock which might disturbed Azlef (1hp) , Togekisss and Salamence .
    Surf is often used as a base attack . Thunderbolt is for other water pokemon and mainly , Gyrados.
    The EV allows Starmie to survive strong attacks .

Standard Bulky Rapid Spinner. Not bad, although in this team, you might want to consider a Choice Scarf variant with Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Trick. If not that, you can do the LO attacking set, which runs Surf/Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot/Recover.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature
    Intimidate
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Fire Fang
    -Earthquake

Typical Dragon Dance and then physical sweep with Outrage .
    Fire Fang serves as a Fire Attack for my team as my team lacked Fire power .
    A heavy sweeper , however it has a short life after doing an Outrage ( A confused Salamence is really like a Gamble , if it hits itself , I'm dead)
    Salamence is sort of the biggest boss in my team .
    Ran a +Speed Nature instead of attack

Very standard, appears to be your core.

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Steadfast
    -Sword Dance
    -Extreme Speed
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch

Lucario serves as a late game sweeper with Extreme Speed as well as a counter against Prior moves user ( mostly Honchkrow with Sucker Punch or Scizor/Metagross with Bullet punch though Extreme speed doesn't deals much damage to them )
    Close Combat is it's main attack and Ice Punch deals with Ground/Flying/Dragon .
    When boosted with Sword Dance , Lucario had proven itself a very dangerous pokemon .

Okay also very standard. Not much else to say about it specifically.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    Levitate
    4 HP , 252 Spd , 252 SAtk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick
    - Surf

Latias acts as an insurance against my team's biggest threat (for now) , Dragon Dancers .
    So with Choice Scarf and max speed EV,IV and Nature , Latias SHOULD be able to outspeed them and revenge them with Draco Meteor .
    She is sort of a Starmie no.2 in my team due to Starmie's frailness .

Same as above, although you could drop Thunderbolt for HP fire or something.

Overall , this team had problem against
    -Honchkrow with Sucker Punch / Scizor with Bullet Punch after sword dance
    -Rain Dance + Swif Swim
    -Dragon Dance + Sweep
    -Stall

So ya , this is my Competitive OU team .
    Definitely need some advice for my team .
    Deeply appreciated . Thanks

Okay so overall, it appears good, but you have the wrong mentality for this. Your team is mostly offensive, in fact, it screams offensive. Your team doesnt have time to run defensive sets such as Bulky Rapid Spin and Haxkiss. Basically, know your team and play it how it's built. If you built it full of offensive sweepers, play it like that, create offensive combos, and dont worry too much about staying defensive. But if you want this team to be able to take some hits, while dishing out a nice number, than you kind of took the wrong approach while building this. You have too many frail sweepers, and not enough type coverage to play defensively.

So, my final advice, make the team pure offense, and play it as such.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I think you're right .
    I've always been thinking I need some wall to switch in my pokemon when they are at disadvantage , that's why i played Togekiss and Starmie (as well as a rapid spinner )
    So these does indeed slow down my team .
    And my only main attackers are all very frail ( Lucario/Salamence )

I think that's what everyone's trying to tell me too .
    Sorry that I only realised everything til now .

Swapping out Togekiss for Jirachi (higher speed) .
    Agility Gross in place of Starmie .

Ya , these are the only two pokemon for now ...

As for Azelf , I'm switching Psychic for Fire Punch ( instead of Flame thrower because of EV252 on attack)
    Not sure if it would does more damage than Flame thrower this way .

In the past ,
    I've been abit hesitant to play steel pokemon as I already had a Lucario in it .
    I'm just worried that I've too many steel pokemons .

Anyway , thank you everyone for helping me with my team .
    It had improved alot since the first time i posted out my team .
    (started off with Infernape , Torterra , Starmie , Gengar , Togekiss and Metagross )

Back