• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Plays FireRed! & LeafGreen!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

• Let's Play: Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
    Pocket Monsters FireRed/LeafGreen
    ポケットモンスターファイアレッド

Platform: Gameboy Advance
    Release dates: Japan: January 29, 2004 / North America: September 9, 2004 / Australia: September 23, 2004 / Europe: October 1, 2004​

Welcome to one of my many Pokémon LPs, my friends! This LP will be playing Pocket Monsters FireRed and LeafGreen, or just known dubbed as, Pokémon FireRed / LeafGreen. These two are a pair of core series Generation III games that are set in the Kanto region. As the first remakes in the Pokémon franchise, the games revisit the original pair of Pokémon games, Pokémon Red and Green Versions. The remakes feature the characters, plot elements, and challenges from the originals, along with several updates introduced in Generation III.

For this LP, I do hope it will serve as a sort of help for those of you who are stuck or new in the game! I'll also try to use and introduce as much Pokémon that are present in the game as much as I can, so don't expect me to use the same party/team in each part.

Part 1

1-pokemonleafgreenu034qq.png

Ah Gamefreak... we meet again.

2-pokemonleafgreenu040li.png

Oh hey, remember the Gengar and Nidorino showdown? Iiiiiit's back!

5-pokemonleafgreenu070gi.png

HERE COMES THE BIG FINISH....!!

7PpVf3p.png
    Qg4Nh7X.png

Starting up the game, the opening title looks like this! FireRed is represented by Charizard, and LeafGreen is represented by Venusaur.

VtdQLk7.png

As the pic implies, this is the help system. Anytime you need a refresher of the controls, or any of the sort, just press L&R.

Km6lA1i.png
    Z45OGpZ.png
    1jDbv4u.png

This is also self explanatory; these are the list of controls during the game.

nMiNsTv.png
    KZZzaAm.png
    To8xCV2.png

Now we're greeted with a nice prologue and introduction of the game! Our grand adventure awaits! Time to press the all mighty A button!

8lQm4e8.png
    0Y6XA6u.png

Welcome, welcome to the world of Pokemon! Each region set in the Pokemon games has a professor who first greets you! Kanto's professor is the beloved Professor Oak. He's important in these games, so remember him well!

HAbDF2E.png
    I1JTnuT.png
    h2CzIuW.png

In the games you generally can choose to be a boy trainer, or a girl trainer. For this play-through... I'll choose to be a female trainer!

WImJVeo.png

You can also name the trainer. Canonically, I believe her name is Leaf, or Green from the dubbed manga.

TN97guc.png
    pi9nhGr.png

I decided to name her Lynn! Named after one of my friends who passed on, but who's spirit still is within.

svtqH60.png

Ah, and this kid is your rival, as well as the Professor's Grandson.

Zxrphca.png

...How do babies become rivals? Do they... compete by who can cry the loudest?

HK0Ap48.png
    g0VGlts.png
    XP6GiM4.png

Anyway, we can name him too. Now, this is a slightly odd case - canonically his name is 'Blue' in the dub, but I believe originally his name was supposed to be Green. Green = the rival, Blue = female protagonist. But, as far as the future adaptations of the Pokemon Anime from games go, the Pokemon Origins show named him Blue, sooo, I'll name him Blue too. Plus I kinda like Blue as his name better, so, that's that!

eAqv4Mh.png
    QSkF6NC.png
    vy1icT9.png

When we finally get control...

o8doU7Z.png

...We're at our house! More specifically, our room.

S89qAnl.png
    4Yqrm4R.png

To access our menu, we press START. Just a brief explanation: we can do many things with the menu, for example, accessing our bag. Our bag has three pockets for now, for our main items, our pokeballs, and Key items.

j6daG1m.png
    HmFwfdT.png

Selecting our Trainer Name will bring you to your trainer card. There, you see our trainer, how much money (or poke) we have, as well as our badges.

5baFsZn.png
    L1GXRqS.png

The save function saves our game. Use this function often, or else you will lose any progress you have, in case something happens!

dCq5Fjx.png
    w5VzCif.png

And finally the Option function. This allows us to tweak such things as the text speed, the frames for the text box, and even the sound. We can even choose the way trainers send out their pokemon - if you choose "set", they will send out their pokemon without an option for you to choose pokemon beforehand.

M7nDvzk.png
    seJBZ9x.png

The Notice is just a reminder: if you're confused about anything in the game, just press L and R to go to the help menu. Now it's time to get downstairs.

dqXIfHo.png
    mQtK9at.png

Ooh it's our mom! Apparently all girls dream of travelling! Though its the same for all kids our age. But looks like Professor Oak is looking for us, so it's time to head out.

Last edited:
    Back