• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Modern v Rural

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I wish modern and rural were mixed within one game, I felt the differences were too polarized - obviously that was the intention, but it felt very skewed. Black felt very 'cold' and competitive, White very soft and serene. I wish Black City/White Forest were switched, so that there would've been balance within one game at least. Especially since there's no interaction between the games anymore (due to no WFC), they feel very incomplete in a way now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I loooved them both actually lol I know that's not really an answer but it's true - these games did something that no other game did. When you enter Opelucid City (on both games) it's just.. so cool. I love seeing things change over time (like old photographs etc) and these games were exactly that for me. I started with White so for me Opelucid became more modern and advanced in terms of technology. It was super cool to me!

The music for Opelucid was definitely better in White tho :(

Also on another note: Black City and White Forest - they were both super super cool. Black City actually seems like a place I would love to visit lol it just looked super mysterious and interesting whereas I would absolutely love to explore White Forest and find all it's exciting things irl.

Ngl I really hope Pokemon does something like BOTW with Gen 5 remakes and White Forest. Would be SO cool :)

Years
This was probably one of my favourite differences with the games, since it made both versions feel like they had more to separate them than with just different obtainable Pokemon. I personally liked the modern feel of Black/Black 2 better, but White/White 2's rural approach was nice too.

Opelucid City's music in the White version I have to admit was better, though I do like Black City's design better than White Forest.

Back