• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Is there a way to change where bytes for specific things are put?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I want to change the ev cap, but the default place where the ev cap limiters are is locked to one byte.

If I could somehow move the byte value to a place with free space next to it, and have the game still consider
    it related to the ev cap.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    It's possible but I don't see a reason to do it.
    One of the main reasons to use the decomps is to not have to deal with free space/repointing/hex editing.

It's much easier to just directly change the variable type to something larger than a byte and let the compiler do the rest.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    It's possible but I don't see a reason to do it.
    One of the main reasons to use the decomps is to not have to deal with free space/repointing/hex editing.

It's much easier to just directly change the variable type to something larger than a byte and let the compiler do the rest.

gotcha.

Back