• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Well Hi There

Years
  • Nice to meet y'all, I'm Wisty! I'm a newbie Rom Hacker and I'm here to absorb info. Please forgive me when I inevitably ask a question that has been answered 73 times. I try to search, but... I'm book smart, not street smart, you know? Looking forward to chatting with you! (And I just caught a full-odds shiny Pikipek yesterday [chain of only 35????] and named her Rosa Diaz, ok that's all I just thought I would share!)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome to the community Wisty! Don't worry, I'm sure any questions you have have been answered a thousand times over and will be answered an indefinite number of times in the future. That's what we're here for! Good luck!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Somehow I was under the impression that nobody ever replied to me here! Lol! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Aww, not with my partner tokyodrift and some fiercely loyal regulars here! We try to make sure no intro goes ignored. It's intimidating, you know? Introducing yourself to a large group of people (online or otherwise), but we do our best to make new members feel as comfy as possible!

Also I didn't say this before but congrats on the shiny!! :D

Years
  • I'll admit it was a bit intimidating. I used to moderate a pretty substantial forum in about 2014, so I'm intimately familiar with the struggles of welcome threads. If nobody responds, you feel like a jerk, but then if the person just said "Hi, I'm new"... well what do you say to that? And then sometimes people just slip through unnoticed. So I didn't take offense!
    edit:
    And apparently I have to relearn forum tools. how the heck do I
    reply with quote...

OmegaHydreigon

Ultimate Bucket
    Years
  • I'll admit it was a bit intimidating. I used to moderate a pretty substantial forum in about 2014, so I'm intimately familiar with the struggles of welcome threads. If nobody responds, you feel like a jerk, but then if the person just said "Hi, I'm new"... well what do you say to that? And then sometimes people just slip through unnoticed. So I didn't take offense!
    edit:
    And apparently I have to relearn forum tools. how the heck do I
    reply with quote...

I'm probably doing this wrong but I think you just click the small "respond" button at the bottom of a particular post? I dunno if there's any difference on mobile, considering I'm using a laptop.

please correct me if I'm wrong

Back