• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] [pokecrystal] How do I use Unown text?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2021
    Good afternoon

I request your support because I want to implement a part in my project to visualize the Unown text used in the UnownDex but I don't know if it is possible to do it in a "normal" way or how to do it if it is the case.

I originally planned to use the chamber wall visualization in the Alph Ruins:

Spoiler:

But I realized that it was a big thing for the use I wanted to give it because I confused it with the character font used in the UnownDex. So I remembered that in Pokémon Crystal Clear the display of these characters font is used:

Spoiler:

However I know that the author of Pokémon Crystal Clear does not publish the source code of his project, so I used the old school tools and I found that before using the writetext command he uses the command special 0xA0, I suppose to indicate use the Unown font instead of the normal font.

Spoiler:

However, I don't know if the pointer 0xA0 is an existing instruction in the game in the special_pointers.asm file of "pokecrystal" because searching I only find the instruction DisplayUnownWords, but this is the one used precisely to display the letters in the cameras of the Alph Ruins like the 1st one I showed, plus it has to be used on a map with the Tileset "ruins_of_alph" and set the letters based on the Tileset in the files unown_walls.asm and script_constants.asm, while in Pokémon Crystal Clear uses the same character table to write the text, only that it is displayed with another font.

So I don't know if the 0xA0 pointer is found with an unidentified name or possibly the 0xA0 instruction was programmed by the author of Crystal Clear for this purpose.

Anyway, could someone help me to display the Unown text in this way please?

PS. I have the tutorials implemented in my project:
    - Expand tilesets from 192 to 255 tiles
    - Allow tiles to have different attributes in different blocks (including X and Y flip)

SPANISH:

Spoiler:

Back