• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue Making ROM

Jessler

PidgeyFox
Years
  • (Pokeemerald)

After a few months of a hiatus, I redownloaded my repo and tried to make the ROM to see where I was at and start back up again. Unfortunately, trying to make the ROM gave me this:

Code:
    cd build && sed -f ../../ld_script.sed ../ld_script.txt | sed "s#tools/#../tools/#g" > ld_script.ld
    sed: file ../../ld_script.sed line 3: extra characters after command
    Makefile:187: recipe for target 'build/ld_script.ld' failed
    make[2]: *** [build/ld_script.ld] Error 1
    make[2]: *** Deleting file 'build/ld_script.ld'
    Makefile:169: recipe for target 'payload' failed
    make[1]: *** [payload] Error 2
    Makefile:334: recipe for target 'berry_fix' failed
    make: *** [berry_fix] Error 2

Any ideas? Thanks!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • (Pokeemerald)

After a few months of a hiatus, I redownloaded my repo and tried to make the ROM to see where I was at and start back up again. Unfortunately, trying to make the ROM gave me this:

Code:
    cd build && sed -f ../../ld_script.sed ../ld_script.txt | sed "s#tools/#../tools/#g" > ld_script.ld
    sed: file ../../ld_script.sed line 3: extra characters after command
    Makefile:187: recipe for target 'build/ld_script.ld' failed
    make[2]: *** [build/ld_script.ld] Error 1
    make[2]: *** Deleting file 'build/ld_script.ld'
    Makefile:169: recipe for target 'payload' failed
    make[1]: *** [payload] Error 2
    Makefile:334: recipe for target 'berry_fix' failed
    make: *** [berry_fix] Error 2

Any ideas? Thanks!
    4ofSpades said:
    As @Kurausukun mentioned, it was indeed caused by the Windows vs. Linux line endings. I solved it by opening ld_script.sed in both the berry_fix and the berry_fix/payload folder in notepad++ and converting the line endings by going to edit>EOL conversion and selecting unix (LF). These seemed to be the only files with different line endings, and I managed to build the rom file after adjusting these.
    https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/issues/1222#issuecomment-706549849

Jessler

PidgeyFox
    Years
  • Hi! Sorry for bugging you again- that totally worked, but now I'm having a different error after working a bit on a map. Think you can help out again?

Code:
    tools/mapjson/mapjson map emerald data/maps/GraniteCave_B1F/map.json data/layouts/layouts.json
    expected '"' in object, got '<' (60)
    tools/mapjson/mapjson map emerald data/maps/Route108/map.json data/layouts/layouts.json
    map_data_rules.mk:17: recipe for target 'data/maps/GraniteCave_B1F/header.inc' failed
    make: *** [data/maps/GraniteCave_B1F/header.inc] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hi! Sorry for bugging you again- that totally worked, but now I'm having a different error after working a bit on a map. Think you can help out again?

Code:
    tools/mapjson/mapjson map emerald data/maps/GraniteCave_B1F/map.json data/layouts/layouts.json
    expected '"' in object, got '<' (60)
    tools/mapjson/mapjson map emerald data/maps/Route108/map.json data/layouts/layouts.json
    map_data_rules.mk:17: recipe for target 'data/maps/GraniteCave_B1F/header.inc' failed
    make: *** [data/maps/GraniteCave_B1F/header.inc] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    Sorry, I never came across such an error myself, and it's double hard to be able to help out if you don't give any details about whatever changes you did to that map.

Jessler

PidgeyFox
    Years
  • That's ok, I understand. I mainly just changed the layout, added a new tileset, and moved around some warps. I also changed the wild pokemon list. Aside from that, I didn't really do anything else to it. I just reverted to a previous version and it's working again. It wasn't a big deal, I was just curious if you knew. Thanks anyway!

Back