• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] How do you feel about trading late mons and evolution items for playthroughs?

JDragon921

THE gen 4 guy. or not. idk.
Years
  • As we all know, the original Sinnoh dex isn't good. Yes, the underground additions added some bandages, but it ain't fully patch it up like how Platinum did. I find it to be okay, and I still love BDSP. But, what about everyone's team planning? Gliscor, Rotom, Dusknoir, etc?

And what about Pokemon that are available way too late, like Mantyke and Sneasel? Would you find it "fair" or okay to trade them over at certain points for your file, or get the items so you can get the evolutions?

I'm gonna have my 3rd and 4th run and I wanna use the other 2 starters, Piplup and Turtwig, since I've never done a full playthrough with those 2. I want Mantyke and some others, and want to get certain Pokemon... not at the end of the game, I'm wondering if anyone has done something similar. Do ya find it fine to do stuff like that, or do you only like to go through the games "as intended"?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    As far as single player stuff goes, do whatever makes the experience more enjoyable for you personally, in any game really. It doesn't hurt anyone else.

It's when you get to stuff where you interact with other people that you should start worrying about it (trading, PvP, etc), since you may be negatively impacting someone else's enjoyment.

JDragon921

THE gen 4 guy. or not. idk.
    Years
  • Thanks, I was thinking that there wasn't really anything wrong with it. I love Sinnoh and all, but the dex is pretty bad and some late mons are so far in that I just feel like trading them over after certain badges. Do your teams usually come together later on in the game, or early?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Do your teams usually come together later on in the game, or early?
    It varies depending on what I feel like using during any given playthrough. Sometimes what I feel like using ends up being stuff you can get earlier in the game, others times my party's not filled until I have like 7 badges.

Back