• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen HELP-What is an action replay

Flight

please answer them as much as u can.. idk anything about these

What is an action replay?
    Where can I get it?
    How does it work?
    Does it have any negative effects on my game boy if i use it?
    What is the difference between a game shark and action replay?

oya and another.. what is a pokemon calculator?
    is it compatible with the Action replay?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Action replay is just another "cheating" device similar to game shark but uses different codes I believe... You should be able to just buy it in a store similar to game shark. It works by inputting codes just like how you would do it for gameshark (for what codes, you can look it up on the internet, or ask the other experts in PC). If done correctly, there will be no negative effects on your gameboy, however that cartridge will not be allowed to participate in official Nintendo tournaments due to "cheating" used. So consider it carefully.

Pokemon calculator is a special program made on the internet that calculates out the long code necessary to input into your emulator to get the results you want. Codes are usually really long and lengthy. I don't know if it's compatible with an actual gameboy as I don't ahve a gameboy.

Next time, questions like this can be asked in the simple question thread ^_^, and have fun in your stay in Pokemon Community!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    The Action Replay comes with the device itself, a USB Cable to connect to your computer, and a disc that contains the program that you install onto yuor PC so you can download codes off the Internet onto your AR and update your AR's version.

The Pokemon Calculator works on the actual games themselves, but it's risky because if you enter it in wrong you end up with a Bad Egg which can delete your entire cartridge (if hatched), if you do end up with a Bad Egg when using Calculator, just turn yuor game off and it'll disappear. But the Calc I'm using fixes that problem because I can upload the codes directly into my AR so I don't enter it in wrong. You can find a link to a Calculator in the GS/AR/Raw Codes thread. I think the link is on page 12 of that thread. It's post number 289 on that thread or something... It should link to a site on Geocities.

The Calc works with VBA (emulator), Action Replay v3.3 (if you don't have that version, just connect your AR to yuor comp and it'll automatically update), Gameshark SP, and CodeBreaker (I think).

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    If you hack it correctly Nintendo couldn?t tell?and I probably would for that tournament in NYC I wish I could attend You can use Kyogre, blah.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2004
    okey days ago a bought a action replayer ther one with the usb thing. But the thing is I bought it used and I dont have the CD software to install it in my computer. DO ANYBODY KNOWS HOW CAN DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE OR INSTALL MY ACTION REPLAYE IN MY COMPUTER. PLZ

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Check codejunkies.com. That's the site for Action Replay, I'm not sure if you can download it there though.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2004
    okey now I know that it's not an action replay, its a gameshark. but still have a usb connection. where I can get the cd software to install it plz

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I don't think you can. You could try to ask someone with the gameshark program to email you a copy...

Years
  • I just have to say, I love my AR and love the compatability with my computer via USB cable. it is great for storing and adding codes. This has to be the best cheat system I ever bought!

Red Storm

The Evil Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm surprised you guys haven't had problems with action replay. Personally, I've found the 99 of each tm crashes the game, locks out trade, and makes battles with others out of the question. If you use the action replay, just use it for rare candies, coins, and items in the pc(leftovers, etc).

Oh btw, hello again. I've been gone for awhile due to work and that sort of stuff but I'm back at least for now. Feels good to post again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I haven't had any problems because I found some better codes made by other people on GameFaqs.com. And they are a lot shorter so I have catch any pokemon codes for all 300 something pokemon and items and I still have 75 percent space open.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    ne1 know a code for all pokemon dex and national dex ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Dude I posted on in the GS/AR code section already. Some guy asked for it already and it's for action replay far as I know.

EDIT: It's on page 12 near the bottom.

Back