• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Egg Problem?

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
Years
  • Right now I'm breeding for a Chimchar in Platinum. I have tried but been unsucessful in using the box trick to determine an egg's nature. Has this been happening to anyone else?

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
  • I've been having the same problem with my Piplup eggs...

I guess it doesn't work on Platinum.
    I'll just breed on my Pearl version instead.

Problem solved.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • based on past experience with Pokémon games, this doesn't surprise me. think about it. in Gold/Silver, there was the cloning glitch, but with Crystal, that cloning glitch didn't work. they realize there's glitches in the first two, so those glitches are fixed with the third release...unfortunately. lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    when I have tried it it doesn't work so they must have taken it out of the game.

Years
  • Are you doing it by releasing a Pokémon or by switching boxes? I haven't made it far enough to try, but I hope that helps.

Years
  • Hi, eh the box trick? Can someone please tell me what this is and how to do it, or refer me to somewhere that i can find out?

Back