• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Merry Christmas!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
  • Ahhh...I think I know. Just go to search with Ctrl + F, and search setPokemonBitmap. Replace lines of code which look something like this
    Code:
    @sprites["pokemon1"].setPokemonBitmap(@battle.party2[0],false)
    with something like this.
    Code:
    @sprites["pokemon1"].bitmap = pbLoadPokemonBitmap(@battle.party2[0],false)
    Sometimes the sprite will be "pokemon3" (when in double battles) so you want to keep the sprite name the same, just remove the .setPokemonBitmap function and use the one specified. That should clear up the problem.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • ---------------------------
    Pokemon Pyrite
    ---------------------------
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `bitmap' for #<BitmapWrapper:0xcf5c1e8>

PokeBattle_ActualScene:408:in `setPokemonBitmap'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:1800:in `pbSendOut'

PokeBattle_Battle:643:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:498:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonField:774:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:773:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonField:775:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:772:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonField:772:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:1082:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Got this error as well, oh and the Pokemon sprites aren't being displayed in battle or on the summary screen. Any clue on how to fix it? BTW, i used the fix you posted and it didn't work.

Without the fix though, it doesn't even load the battle, with the fix, it displays ??? appeared in a wild battle. Then when I try to send out my Pokemon, it displays the above error.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • You're not doing it right. The
    Code:
    .setPokemonBitmap
    methods have to be directly replaced by
    Code:
    .bitmap = pbLoadPokemonBitmap
    And of course this will not make any changes to the summary, because its the battle scene script. You have to do it separate for the summary. I just gave you the Battle frames.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Yes....read what the error says before posting it here. The method does not support the updated pbLoadPokemonBitmap, that's why I said you have to replace the methods (not one, not two, but all of them). There are 3 different sprite handlers, the pbStartBattle, pbTrainerSendOut and pbSendOut. I really suggest not even touching the battle system if you aren't familiar with the basics of it. The old system was easier, but the new contains different loaders which work in a different way, so the system jumps back and forth. If you cannot handle it, then don't. But please don't just paste an error here, without reading it, or reading previous posts that already answer the question. It gets me all worked up, and I wouldn't like to start being a douche.

Just to recap...replace all the .setPokemonBitmap methods with .bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap.

thepsynergist

Years
  • I'm sorry, thank you for your help.

Now this is strange. I did what you said and the game doesn't crash now, but when I enter a trainer battle, the game uses the back sprites of the Pokemon as part of its animation. Here's a screenshot so you know what I mean.

capture001.png
    capture002.png
    capture003.png

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Meh...don't worry about it :) I'm just tired and all, and I'll head off straight to bed now. Anyways, I think this should fix all the problems. And if you wish to use the multiple frames in any other script just do
    Code:
    sprite.bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap2(pokemon)
    pbWait(30)
    sprite.bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap(pokemon)
    And that will make them animated (hopefully nicely), and of course you can add your custom tweaks in the middle like making the sprite move around or something. Anyways sorry for my outburst, didn't mean to tackle you that way.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • Help:

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: Section067:339:in `setPokemonBitmap'undefined method `bitmap' for #<BitmapWrapper:0xa5f25c0>
    ***Full script:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("I enjoyed it."),false,0)
    Interpreter:242:in `pbExecuteScript'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1674:in `pbTrainerSendOut'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2188:in `pbSendOut'
    PokeBattle_Battle:663:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:492:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokemonTrainers:407:in `pbTrainerBattle'
    PokemonTrainers:406:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PokemonTrainers:408:in `pbTrainerBattle'
    PokemonTrainers:405:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PokemonTrainers:405:in `pbTrainerBattle'

Interpreter:277:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:321:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:194:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:199:in `update'
    Scene_Map:99:in `update'
    Scene_Map:97:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:110:in `update'
    Scene_Map:66:in `main'

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • *Sigh* *facepalm*
    Seriously....? I just talked about how it's important to read before posting pointless errors. Seriously I can't do it like this anymore. It just takes the fun out of "trying" to share something with a community when people using the thing are too arrogant to even read information on it before using it. It really brings me down :( And makes me angry. I won't be answering answered questions for sure. If you can't be bothered to read and find the solution, I can't be bothered to post one. Sorry :( *sigh*

EDIT:
    @thepsynergist: OHHHHH! Stupid me....of course. When using pbLoadPokemonBitmap, you use it like this:
    Code:
    sprite.bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap(pokemon,X)
    Now if you are doing the animation for a backsprite, you want to set X to true, if you aren't using a backsprite you can leave it blank (works for me) but to be sure, set it to false. Sorry that I didn't point that out.

thepsynergist

Years
  • Ugh...

Everytime I replace .bitmap, with sprite.bitmap, it gives me a syntax error. And if I set the second variable to either false or true, nothing happens...

What am I doing wrong?

Also, now all of the battle sprites are like that, the wild ones worked before.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • XD don't replace .bitmap with sprite.bitmap i was using the sprite part just as an example (sprite being the specified method used to handle the desired Pokemon sprite) XD It should work by setting the second value to false. The sprites should display front only then :\

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Didn't I just post something seconds ago??? :| Regarding your thing with the...arghh NVM, I don't like the internet that much anyway.

OK so what i said is:
    Don't replace .bitmap with sprite.bitmap, I was using the sprite part just as a placeholder of the real thing, so instead of writing it all out, sprite for short. Don't do sprite.bitmap, it means nothing, just stick to the good old .bitmap :) Anyways....I don't know why the sprites wouldn't load only the front ones, if you specify the X value to false. It should work :\ Works for me, and all the other versions I tried it on....

Heh....scratch that. My internet is really slow, so i didn't see the newer posts. Anyways....glad to help out :) Hope this matter causes no more trouble.

thepsynergist

Years
  • My problem was that I was screwing around with true and false for all of them so I could deduce what my problem was. Now, I'm in the process of trail and error to fix them. :D

Okay, got them to work perfectly, I am very grateful that you helped me. Good luck in your project.

Damn, now I can't reposition the sprites in the editor...I tried to redirect the path of the sprites to:

"Graphics/Battlers/firstframe/%03db" on line 6
    "Graphics/Battlers/firstframe/%03d" on line 7.

Any idea how to fix it?

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • OMG thanks Luka I started working on it today after a week, then i read through the post and got it to work thanks :D

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    This is amazing. Thank you so much. This will help me and my team so much.

Back