• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to completely remove the Groudon/Kyogre & Rayquaza cut-scenes in Emerald?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Well as far as my knowledge is, changing/altering the two cut scenes in Emerald (the first in which Groudon & Kyogre are "fighting" & the second - the Rayquaza cut-scene), is very difficult, almost impossible I would suppose.

So is there a way that I can just get rid of both the cut scenes altogether?

Pika Pika :chu:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Well as far as my knowledge is, changing/altering the two cut scenes in Emerald (the first in which Groudon & Kyogre are "fighting" & the second - the Rayquaza cut-scene), is very difficult, almost impossible I would suppose.

So is there a way that I can just get rid of both the cut scenes altogether?

You can edit the graphics, but no one knows about the animations yet.

It's a special used during the sootopolis level script. If you're not doing the fighting scene, just delete the level script. It's script number 3.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • You can edit the graphics, but no one knows about the animations yet.

It's a special used during the sootopolis level script. If you're not doing the fighting scene, just delete the level script. It's script number 3.

It'd be cool if someone can actually find a way to edit the animations, but I guess it'd take a lot of work (& ROM space).

Anyways, where exactly is this Level Script number 3 located & how do I delete it?

Years
  • It'd be cool if someone can actually find a way to edit the animations, but I guess it'd take a lot of work (& ROM space).

Anyways, where exactly is this Level Script number 3 located & how do I delete it?

Open up the Sootopolis City map in AdvanceMap. When you click on "Header", you should see this:
    Spoiler:

Just click the arrows under Script no. until you get to number 3

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Open up the Sootopolis City map in AdvanceMap. When you click on "Header", you should see this:
    Spoiler:

Just click the arrows under Script no. until you get to number 3

Okay, got it, this is the one, right!

Spoiler:

So do I just click "Remove", to get rid of the cut-scenes altogether (will it remove both cut-scenes)? I hope that won't mess up something else in the game!

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    For those who are searching for the special to call the cutscene.

special 0x1FC is what you are looking for.

Back