• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: New Hack - Cannot make new thread in Hacking Forum

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Hello,

I wanted to know why I can't make a new thread in the hacking forum. I made a hack of Fire Red that I wanted to post but it does not seem to be working. I made the thread yesterday and it said that it was in the queue but today there doesn't seem to be any thread of mine. I don't have any messages that it was deleted or denied.

I tried it again today and whenever I try to post the thread the page just reloads but there is no indication that it was posted. Furthermore, it says that I cannot add links to images for the hack until I have posted at least 5 times? How can I go about uploading my hack with images? Should I just include them in the attachments? Thanks.

Joe

Years
Hi there,

I do show your thread was not approved by the ROM Hacking Staff - might I suggest messaging DrFuji or Avara.

You'll have to make at least five separate posts on the forum to post links/images in your post. There are many threads throughout the forum that you can contribute to. I recommend making at least 5 posts, and then you'll have no issues posting images in your thread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Ok. Are they they who determine how a hack gets approved or denied? I never received any notification that it was denied to begin with. I thought I had everything listed in the rules, is there any other way that I can find out what to do to get it approved? Thanks.

Years
Ok. Are they they who determine how a hack gets approved or denied? I never received any notification that it was denied to begin with. I thought I had everything listed in the rules, is there any other way that I can find out what to do to get it approved? Thanks.

Correct, they are the moderators of the ROM Hacking section, and approve or reject threads based on the criteria of the rules of the section. I suggest reaching out to them and they should be able to let you know what happened. :)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Ok Great. I have attempted to contact them and am awaiting their reply. I also submitted my description for the hack in the discussion to see if anyone in the forum could help me with getting it approved. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Hi. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong here but I cannot seem to get any of my threads approved. I sent a message to the above moderators with no response. I then decided to post the description of my hack on the discussion board to see if anyone had some ideas for what is wrong but it seems that even that was not approved because the thread is not there. It wasnt even posted.

I am not sure what seems to be wrong with my content and I am not receiving any feedback or even a reason for why this stuff is denied. What should be my next steps? Please advise. I really thought it would be fun to post my hack but it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited:
Years
Hi. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong here but I cannot seem to get any of my threads approved. I sent a message to the above moderators with no response. I then decided to post the description of my hack on the discussion board to see if anyone had some ideas for what is wrong but it seems that even that was not approved because the thread is not there. It wasnt even posted.

I am not sure what seems to be wrong with my content and I am not receiving any feedback or even a reason for why this stuff is denied. What should be my next steps? Please advise. I really thought it would be fun to post my hack but it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

I do believe that Avara has been in contact with you regarding this, and it looks like your thread is up in the sideshow showcase :)
If you run into any other issues, let us know!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Yea they got back to me earlier. Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help.

Back