• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Simulocke Challange

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 29, 2018
POKÉMON SIMULOCKE CHALLENGE

The main idea of this challange is to play two pokémon simultaneously (hence "simulocke"), using one single controller. However, you must be able to control each game separately with this controller.

Rules:
1. You must play two different pokémon games at the same time. Different versions of the same game (like Gold and Silver), as well as remakes (like Red and Fire Red), do not count as different games.
2. Each game must have different input buttons, so that you can control both games separately at the same time.
3. You cannot have more than one badge of difference between the two games. For example, if you have 1 badge in one game, you can't get the second if you have none in the other game.
4. If you reached an unbalanced-badge-situation in the games, you can't simply stop playing one of them and focus on the other. In fact, you are NOT allowed to intentionally stop playing one game in order to advance or focus on the other (except in one case, which you'll see in Rule 5).
5. You must start each battle in the Elite Four with both games at the same time. If you beat one member in one game and is still battling one in the other game, then this is the only moment you can wait for the other game to finish the battle, so that you'll start the next battle at the same time in both games.
6. Almost all of the ordinary Nuzlocke rules apply here, such as: dead pokémon are dead (release it or death-box it), HM slaves are allowed, you can catch only the first encounter of each area, you may implement the species clause (with a new feature; check Rule 8 below) and shiny clause, static encounters are always allowed, and nickname every pokémon you get.
7. Revive sacrifice: if you lose in one game, you can continue under one of the following two conditions: revive ONE single pokémonin the game where you lost, and sacrifice another pokémon in the other game (it can be from the PC); or revive your whole party, but sacrifice TWO pokémon from the other game, ONE of them MUST be from your current party.
8. Cross-Game Species Clause: you can implement the Species Clause for a pokémon (or evolutionary line) that you caught in the other game. Ex.: if you catch a Bellsprout in one game, and your nuzlocke encounter in the other game is a Weepingbell, you can choose to catch it or pick the next one.
9. If possible, do the simulocke while speaking a foreing language (lol, it makes things tougher; totally optional, though).

I have started the Simulocke Challenge, and I'm uploading the videos on my youtube channel. I don't know if it's ok to post it here, though, as it could be considered self-promotion, and the appropriate place to post a Let's Play is somewhere else here (and I must have 25+ posts).

Years
Approved! I remember seeing guy playing 3 games at the same time and ever since that planned on playing more that 1 game at the same time.

I have started the Simulocke Challenge, and I'm uploading the videos on my youtube channel. I don't know if it's ok to post it here, though, as it could be considered self-promotion, and the appropriate place to post a Let's Play is somewhere else here (and I must have 25+ posts).

It's okay if you post videos here, but please use following format:

Spoiler:

That way you will post video, while not posting a direct link to it.

Back