• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Game Jams

Years
Have you participated in Game Jams before? What do you think about it? How hard is it to come up with ideas for small games, you think?

I've participated in a few now. I've had both good and bad experiences with random teammates, but I've felt I've always learned something. It seems I prefer shorter jam, (32 - 72 hours) then the longer week or month ones. It just seems to take the full time to make a game always and week+ can get really tiring.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Once, a couple years ago. I had a partner but he ended up not doing anything. At the end there where only three groups able to present something you can consider a game. Since I was one of the three, I basically ended up getting a price, anyway. xD

It was an interesting experience but nothing that made me go "I want to create more games".

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Hey! Moving this into Game Development! There it's a little more appropriate to post!

And to answer your thread, I've obvserved the Jagex Oct 2018 Jame jam and have participated in the April 2019 Game Jam here!

Once, a couple years ago. I had a partner but he ended up not doing anything. At the end there where only three groups able to present something you can consider a game. Since I was one of the three, I basically ended up getting a price, anyway. xD

It was an interesting experience but nothing that made me go "I want to create more games".

Oooohh cool! Which game/which community was it for?

Last edited:
Back