• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my hack

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2017
    So i have recently started a hack version of pokemon emerald and i have a few questions / how too's that need answers. I was hoping you guys can help

1. How can I add the day and night system?
    2. My game has 4 main characters. Is there any possible way i can make it so at the start of the game you can pick between the 4? (so like depending on the trainer you pick, the story would be different)
    3. Is there any possible way to have 2 different shiny sprites for a pokemon? (example, Umbreon has yellow rings, shiny umbreon has blue rings, but i wanted to put another shiny umbreon with red rings accessable to only one charecter)
    4. Any possible way to force a trainer into catching a pokemon / encounter the pokemon and befriend it? (example, you wonder into a hidden cave and find an eevee all alone and scared, so you befriend the eevee and take it home)
    5. How can i make it so the pokemon at the start of your team can follow you?
    6. How can i make it so that a pokemon only appears in a certain spot? (example, feebas only appears on 6 tiles in pokemon emerald, i wish to do the same with the first form of the dragons)
    7. Can i add pokemon from other regions?

I am a new hacker, but have learned a lot already. I have done some research and couldn't find answers to these questions.
    Any feedback is appreciated and thanks in advance for the help :)
    - Fluffy J

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'll try to help in the areas that I feel like I can.
    1. How can I add the day and night system?
    Using prime-dialga's Day, Night & Seasons Tool.

4. Any possible way to force a trainer into catching a pokemon / encounter the pokemon and befriend it? (example, you wonder into a hidden cave and find an eevee all alone and scared, so you befriend the eevee and take it home)
    Sounds like a matter of doing a script tile, some applymovements, a clever use of fadescreens, maybe a warp and develop the rest of the script however you want to.

7. Can i add pokemon from other regions?
    If you don't plan to expand the amount of Pokémon that your ROM has by default, you can always do the replace method.
    Replace an already existing Pokémon's data using a Pokémon Editor like G3HS, PGE's or G3T's with the data of your new Pokémon.

Then replace the Pokémon's original Sprites and Icons using Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor and Advanced Pokémon Icon Editor, those 2 tools are a part of Wichu's Advanced Series and they're truly reliable. Here's a download link to the pack since the original links have been dead for quite a long time now.

I also recommend fixing your newly inserted sprite's position with the third of the tools inside Advanced Series, the Advanced Sprite Position Editor.

Last edited:
    Back