• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
Years
  • I never do good in tournies. When I am playing gyms or friendlies I do fine, but as soon as its a tourney my luck turns rotten. I could trump someone in a gym or friendly, but the same guy/gal would end up trumping me in a tourney. What I'm trying to say is my tourney-hax sucks :(

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I honestly think there needs to be less tourneys than there are. :/

People create them even though they aren't going to go anywhere.

Greene1516

Years
  • It's true, you get too many no-shows. To be honest also, I find tournies on YT more fun than any forum based ones, here or anywhere, because you generally know the competition on a forum whereas on YT you have people from all over. The element of surprise always makes a game more fun.

Ooka

Years
  • I like Gamebattles myself, they have rules set in place so that it's impossible to cheat and get away with it, and everything is fair, as long as you record all of your battles, or take pictures of hacked Pokemon and such.

Greene1516

Years
  • Cool, I don't understand how it is impossible to cheat though from reading that, or did I miss something???

Ooka

Years
  • The battlers can ask to see your Pokemon, and if anything is off (Even 31 in all IVs), the battle is counted as a win for the opposing player. If you refuse to show them your Pokemon, the same thing happens, the win is counted for them.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • OH SHOOT! Seasons tourney! I signed up but compleeeeeetely forgot! Face, meet palm. -facepalms-
    I just got an awesome Christmas present from someone here. I'm gonna keep it clean and shiny and put it where everyone can see it.

Wait a sec, it doesn't even look like it's started yet. =/

I'm sort of everywhere in tourneys. Twice now I disconnected during my first match and on the rematch lost. Twice I disconnected while I was WINNING, which effectively kicked me out of the PC wifi tourney and the Duo-team tourney. I suck at battling when my opponent is aware of what I've got on my team. :(

Last edited:

Kamui

´
    Years
  • I missed Overheat twice in row then I was pissed of...
    and Now I miss it 3 times in row :/. Its no fun...

Greene1516

Years
  • The battlers can ask to see your Pokemon, and if anything is off (Even 31 in all IVs), the battle is counted as a win for the opposing player. If you refuse to show them your Pokemon, the same thing happens, the win is counted for them.

But isn't that a bad system then because some idiot can just claim that there was something wrong??? And almost everywhere people check each others Pokemon, at least in my experiences.

Ooka

Years
  • Nah, another thing, you always have to have proof in the form of video or pictures. :P

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Nah, another thing, you always have to have proof in the form of video or pictures. :P

Oh gamebattles...the fact that you need pics makes me sad. ;o; I would take them on my phone and stuff for Modern Warfare, and threaten to show them (like of bad rules or something). The funny thing is I don't know how to get pics off my phone and onto the computer. xD So it was all bluffing but it worked.

Anyway, so I'm glad to see the ideas for the Battle Stadium were taken. :)

I should be getting my DSi tomorrow (I hope ;o;) so I'll start Wifi battling again after that. :D Since I can't connect with my current old-school DS. lol

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Suddenly I'm glad we're not getting a new modem, despite how ours like to disconnect often. No need to get a DSi here, since my DS still connects and gives green bars all teh time! :D

.Aero

Years
  • Freakin awesome. You'll be battling me. ._.

xD Lol, you'll own me. ^^ Just as usual...

Anyway, yeah...I kind of take that back about the Battle Stadium going in a new direction. It's not done yet because it still seems like a mess. ;o;

I won't name names, but in the new H&S League thread, there's still idle chit-chat going on. That's what this thread is for. So I'm hoping that it'll stop and the threads will all be used for what they're for. (I probably seem like an ass, but I honestly feel it needs to be addressed)

Ooka

Years
  • I don't see me owning you, lol. I just got back into Wi-Fi battling yesterday, literally.

And yeah, it seems like people are turning the battling section into a clan chit-chat section, which is why I suggested this. I really wish someone would take care of all the crappy threads that keep popping up, or just not approve them at all. :/

.Aero

Years
  • I don't see me owning you, lol. I just got back into Wi-Fi battling yesterday, literally.

And yeah, it seems like people are turning the battling section into a clan chit-chat section, which is why I suggested this. I really wish someone would take care of all the crappy threads that keep popping up, or just not approve them at all. :/

I think that one time I beat you over Shoddy was a major fluke. xD And I haven't had Wifi in a while either.

I hope so as well. :( What I think should happen is this: This thread is used for chit-chat (as the name suggests lol).

League threads should only contain posts that pertain to the league itself.
    - Challenges
    - Battle Results (as well as DC's and problems with the battle). BATTLE DISCUSSION SHOULD BE HELD THROUGH VM.
    - League Suggestions (such as "change the first post to this", or "update my rules to this").
    - League Updates (keep people informed on news that pertains to the LEAGUE)

Also, fillers shouldn't be allowed. ;o; I see so many messages that are "k....filllllllllererrererrrrrrrrrr" and it's stupid. :/ I mean is it really that difficult to type 25 characters and four words? Seriously, I've NEVER had to use a filler before.

[/end rant] lol

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • I think part of the reason is because people like to shorten their typing with chatspeak (ugh) and they become used to it and get hit with the character limit fairly often. But still, even people like me who types like they're an English major have random run-ins with the limit. It happens rarely, but it does happen.

But yeah, there's no point for 2 word responses. >_>

Back