• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Gen 3 Tournaments?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    I was wondering it anyone had set up a Gen 3 tournament league or something similar using vbalink and hamachi. Something similar to what XENON3120 does on YouTube. Really no other reason besides being a cool thing to do that's nostalgic and fun, plus showdown and other platforms are really saturated and I thiink running a tournament in a smaller community could be a lot of fun.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The competitive battling community here has dwindled down to almost nothing here over the years, but you could use this thread and/or make one in Pokemon Gaming Central with the [Competitive] tag to get an interest check and see what happens.

Though I think it would probably be easier for most people to participate in a Gen 3 tourney via Showdown (PokeCommunity still has its own Showdown server iirc) that emulators though.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    Yeah I was thinking about that, I know everyone loves showdown but I was just wondering if any mad lads had done it for nostalgias sake just because it's technically possible, maybe I will end up doing something with this thread, I still think it's an interesting idea

That's interesting though, is there a reason competitive isn't as popular, have people found another site or just noone really cares? and thanks for your information I've been a lurker for quite a while I'm trying to become more active so I'm still trying to figure out how things work

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    That's interesting though, is there a reason competitive isn't as popular, have people found another site or just noone really cares? and thanks for your information I've been a lurker for quite a while I'm trying to become more active so I'm still trying to figure out how things work
    tbh I'm not really sure why exactly PC's competitive playerbase/interest diminished, just that it did and that all attempts to revitalize it didn't work out. Though maybe someone else has ideas as to why.

And feel free to ask me or any other member of staff any questions you might ever have, I'm here to help (or do my best to anyway).

Back