• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon you love

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Can I join the Jynx fan club too?

Of course! Could always use more numbers, lol.

Personally, I started liking it when I read this Pokedex entry...
    Its cries sound like human speech. However, it is impossible to tell what it is trying to say.
    ...and, combined with it being classified as "the Humanshape Pokemon" (and for obvious reasons), realized it was basically the Pokemon embodiment of the uncanny valley. How awesome is that?!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't know if it's unpopular, but I actually like Sunflora. While I acknowledge it's not the most creative Pokemon, PMD made me kind of like it.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Iirc I already posted in this thread a while ago but I'm gonna do it again. :p

Mantine is one of my favorites that everyone seems to dislike. Same with Eelektross, Slurpuff, and Escavalier

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Incineroar - A lot of people wanted Litten's final evolution to stay on 4 feet, but I've actually loved this thing since the day it was leaked. The only bad thing about it is its low Speed.

Tangrowth - This thing is a good battler, with high attacking stats and physical defense. As the generations passed, it became even better, with it receiving Regenerator in Gen 5, and Gen 6 introducing the Assault Vest. Also, I think it's adorable.

Ferrothorn - Popular in competitive battling, but not outside of that, so I think it counts.

Magmortar - This Pokemon was the MVP of my Pokemon Yin Black playthrough. Besides, I like it more than Electivire.

Rhyperior - While Rhydon has a better design, Rhyperior makes up for it by being a good battler.

Cradily - I've used this thing in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and it pulled its weight.

Lanturn - This cute thing has 2 of my favourite types: Water and Electric. It's also a decent battler, with its good Special Defense.

Hitmontop - The cutest of the Hitmons.

Mr. Mime and Jynx - I actually don't think they're creepy.

Other not so popular Pokemon that I love include Venomoth, Exeggutor, Weezing, Omastar, Mantine, Miltank, Hariyama, Shedinja, Gorebyss, Gastrodon, Drifblim, Drapion, Seismitoad, Sigilyph, Vanilluxe, Eelektross, Florges, Clawitzer, Shiinotic, Turtonator, and Coalossal.

I hope it's true that Jynx is finally getting her 3rd stage evolution in Crown Tundra. 🙂

Roaming Emboar

Unovian Enhtusiast
    Years
  • Not gonna lie, I love every Pokemon except 2. That being that stonjurner (did I spell it right?) and samurott (I dislike its design).

Every gen 5 pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Mine is MARACTUS,KABUTOPS,FLYGON,SAMUROTT

Flygon deserved to have an mega
    maractus is the best cactus pokemon
    kabutops one of the best fossil pokemon
    samurooottt it has an cool design

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I like almost every mon that isn't one of my least favourites so here are basically all the mons I feel I'm the only one (or only one among 5 people) who doesn't hate:

Incineroar: Considering I haven't heard any praise for it for a year until a few months ago, I take it that it's appropriate for this thread. That said, I actually really like it! Sure the water starter is my favourite for it's gen and it's a bit of a random jump in terms of progression from it's pre evos, but at least it's still a pretty cool design. While I don't know about the original SM since I heard it doesn't get Fire STAB better than Fire fang (I prefer to run Flare blitz on fater mons) it's actually really good in USUM! Between Fire punch being easier to get and learning Double kick by level, the one I used did nothing but impress me.

Bruxish: I just don't think it looks that bad.

Stakataka: I just don't think it looks that bad. I actually think it is pretty neat to an extent. If we have sentinent balls and slime, a sentinent wall seems completely fine to me.

Rampardos: I know it's massive attack is it's only good stat but if you know who to send it out against it isn't too bad. And if you get one with a speed boosting nature, go for it. Mine did in my Sun nuzrun and it destroyed so much.

Back