• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Does anyone know the animation pointer for Skull Bash in Emerald?

Indigo_Thief

Silver Candidate
Years
  • Pretty much the title.
    I specifically need the animation pointer of Skull Bash's striking animation to turn it into a make-shift Headsmash.
    Help is much appreciated :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Pretty much the title.
    I specifically need the animation pointer of Skull Bash's striking animation to turn it into a make-shift Headsmash.
    Help is much appreciated :)

Hey buddy, I was able to find it in hex maniac, But this is for my fire red.

actually nevermind I found it for emerald too.
    According to the program its 2CCF8F

If you want attachments just let me know.

Indigo_Thief

Silver Candidate
    Years
  • @Meister_anon~Master_o f_None

Thanks a lot!
    It's usually such a hassle to find these two-turn pointers.
    Only ones I know are Sky Attack and Razor Wind.
    I'll try it out the Skull Bash one later :)

Indigo_Thief

Silver Candidate
    Years
  • @Meister_anon~Master_o f_None

It seems that 2CCF8F is the pointer for the first half of the move, so sadly that doesn't work.
    After looking for it in Hex Maniac myself, I couldn't seem to find it, but it's possible I'm just blind.
    I went with the "Double-Edge" animation until I find out what the "Skull Bash" Pointer is.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    It seems that 2CCF8F is the pointer for the first half of the move, so sadly that doesn't work.
    After looking for it in Hex Maniac myself, I couldn't seem to find it, but it's possible I'm just blind.
    I went with the "Double-Edge" animation until I find out what the "Skull Bash" Pointer is.

Ok I added the screenshots I took,

first, for my I just ctrl f searched for skull bash, then clicked till I found the move table, because as it says there are multiple places in the program the name skull base can show up, like tutors or learn sets.
    But if you ctrl g. (the goto function) and type in whats in the left window. graphics.pokemon.moves.animations, it'll take you to the table as well.
    Along with a auto filling drop box of options that could match your search. I think if you type the whole thing with skullbash before hitting enter it'll take you directly to specifc moves.
    Screenshot (392).png

Now I believe this one has what you need, the first was just a pointer so clicking on that, took me to this page, and after clicking the side bar, to select code, and then changing to animation script, I was able to see what it does.
    See in the top most box where it says choose two turn animations? I believe those two pointers are for each turn of the animation, in sequence
    And trying to read what the script, it seems right, but I didn't' follow all the arguments so you'll still have to check that, and whatever that 2ccf98 is.
    Screenshot (393).png

SIdenote:
    and I would have got back to you faster on this, but I didn't get a notification, the forum is a bit odd with that, the only way I get notified of your response is if you put in a quote with my name and ID, like I have yours above. Pretty much you have to hit respond, first every time, then remove the parts you don't want in the quote, but it has to be something even if its just a comma or it won't work.

Anyway hope that solves it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Just tested typing the whole thing does work, also you can make a shortcut to the data as well.
    if you got to jus the move animations page, as long as you're on windows if you press SHIFT 6, it will create an "anchor" pretty much just type in whatever you want it to be called (without spaces) and it will rename it that for the sake of hex maniac, without affecting the data itself.

for example if you did.
    ctrl g
    graphics.pokemon.moves.animations
    Enter
    Taking you to the root of the move animations table
    Then pressed SHIFT 6
    typed "move-animations" without the quotes

Next you use goto you could just type in move-animations and get right to it.
    Even better the program saves these user made anchors and treats them like bookmarks,
    so as soon as you open the goto menu all your personal anchors are right there, so you can just click without typing if you want.

Attachments

• Screenshot (404).png
      Screenshot (404).png
      52.5 KB · Views: 9

Indigo_Thief

Silver Candidate
    Years
  • Now I believe this one has what you need, the first was just a pointer so clicking on that, took me to this page, and after clicking the side bar, to select code, and then changing to animation script, I was able to see what it does.
    See in the top most box where it says choose two turn animations? I believe those two pointers are for each turn of the animation, in sequence
    And trying to read what the script, it seems right, but I didn't' follow all the arguments so you'll still have to check that, and whatever that 2ccf98 is.
    View attachment 95203

No problem. I hope this one makes it into your notifications. You're right. The "choosetwoturnanimation" tab was the key.
    After testing 2CCFE6 actually was the animation I needed. Now it looks more unique than just having two "Double-Edges".

Thanks a ton :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    No problem. I hope this one makes it into your notifications. You're right. The "choosetwoturnanimation" tab was the key.
    After testing 2CCFE6 actually was the animation I needed. Now it looks more unique than just having two "Double-Edges".

Thanks a ton :)

Got it , and glad I could help. :) I'm working on trying to add the fairy type, still got a few kinks to work out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    i was having a similar problem with solar beam and doom desire

solar beam looks like i can just do exactly whats above, but doom desire is only 1 animation, and trying to make it 1 turn didnt seem to work

also, razorwind and sky attack seem to default to their second animations when you make them 1 turn moves (they also do this in gen 2)

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    i was having a similar problem with solar beam and doom desire

solar beam looks like i can just do exactly whats above, but doom desire is only 1 animation, and trying to make it 1 turn didnt seem to work

also, razorwind and sky attack seem to default to their second animations when you make them 1 turn moves (they also do this in gen 2)

Well making this a one turn move wasn't really the point of the thread, it was to find the right animation he wanted to use.

For doom desire if it doesn't show a second animation in the tab if its a two turn move, I can only assume it only uses one animation.

If you want to change the base animation for a move, you'd probably need to use either asm or battle scripts, to change how the move itself works.

That said there are some resources that have already done what you want with those moves.
    check out modexe

Back