• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Wrong Palletes and Missing Colors

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2021
    Using Advance Map I'm trying to import my new tileset and palette, yet the palette scrambles and a color goes 'missing.' Original colors on right. All the colors of the tileset were in units of 8 before even converting with Tile Helper Advance, put on a new blank tileset with no prior palette.
    ArSFMQk.png

So I can manually fix the colors one by one in Advance Map, but there's still a missing 'color recognition' too.
    QoZ4D7O.png

This original on the right has 3 colors in it but in Advance Map it doesn't recognize the formerly 'red' pixels and just blends them in with the surrounding. Changing the color just changes the whole blob.

Is there some unseen limit to color space or something with a single palette that forces you to use more palettes or am I just stupid and missed something obvious?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @uishtiaq

You import the palette first, then you write the palette changes to ROM, then you export the tileset file (with the corresponding palette), then you paste your tileset in that tileset file, then you import that tileset into the ROM.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2021
    @uishtiaq

You import the palette first, then you write the palette changes to ROM, then you export the tileset file (with the corresponding palette), then you paste your tileset in that tileset file, then you import that tileset into the ROM.

You're right, I was doing it out of order and it stopped deleting colors. Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Back