• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Graphic wierdness in black tiles

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2018
    Hey,

I started inserting new Tiles to my ROM hack and it all works fairly well.
    But some of the black tiles have some wierd graphic glitches.
    But in advance map and the block editor everythin looks normal. Only ingame there are these glitches.
    Does someone know how to fix this?

Edit: I forgot the pictures

Attachments

• Graphic wierdness in black tiles
      Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-25 um 18.09.56.png
      17.4 KB · Views: 12
      Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-25 um 18.12.44.png
      20.8 KB · Views: 11
      Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-25 um 18.13.02.png
      15 KB · Views: 9

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    Have you checked the behavior byte? If it's anything but 00 that MIGHT be your problem.
    I suggest also, if that's a possibility, just right click an already existing black tile, which is like the eyedrop tool in any other paint/photoshop program.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2018
    Have you checked the behavior byte? If it's anything but 00 that MIGHT be your problem.
    I suggest also, if that's a possibility, just right click an already existing black tile, which is like the eyedrop tool in any other paint/photoshop program.

The behavior bytes are all on 00 and i also tried it with different black tiles, but still the same problem...

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I think it's because black is your transparent color. You'll need to insert an actual black 8x8pi block that is not your first transparent color.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2018
    I think it's because black is your transparent color. You'll need to insert an actual black 8x8pi block that is not your first transparent color.

Yes! That was it, thank you! But it just seems to be a problem in some Tilesets.

Back