• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Arceus

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Arceus

Arceus
    Arceus
    Arceus
    Arceus
    Arceus

Gen IV introduced Arceus, named as the "Original One" who created at least Sinnoh and the spinoff region Ransei, as well as the Creation Trio and the Lake Guardians. There are implications that it created the entire Pokemon Universe too, and to date no other Legendary has been presented as a creator deity. It remains an event-exclusive Pokemon, only being found legitimately in DPPt (and then only through illegimate means) and has remained conspicuously absent from other titles since its introduction.

Its trademark ability is a rather interesting one which involves form change. It's able to change into a different form, depending on the Plate you give to it (ie. If you give it a Splash Plate, it changes into a Water-type).

What are your thoughts and feelings about Arceus? Was it a good idea to introduce a Pokemon as a Creator Deity? Does it still live up to this image now, several years later? And, in hypothetical DPPt remakes, would you like to see it feature in an expanded role? What type would you prefer Arceus to be?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • for the life of me idk why but i used to really like arceus. idk why. it's not bad or ugly necessarily but eh. it sure does Exist. there he is. idk i feel kind of indifferent to him, but honestly his music and theme still leave me Shook to this day. it's pretty badass and almost scary. i like that. of course, i never did get a legit one back in gen IV. i have a hacked on lmfao like i'm sure most people do. i didn't have a TRU near me or a driver's license during gen IV.

a shame the blue flute was never released as an actual event though. like i didn't get ANY of the event arceus during gen IV, i missed the sinjoh falls one too. which apparently has a trippy ass battle intro??

like what the fuck this is???? y'all i dead ass only saw this for the first time this year and i thought this shit was some fan made meme thing no. this in the game. this is real. nintendo tf y'all trynna say. i'm literally crying this is so funny to me

Last edited:

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • a shame the blue flute was never released as an actual event though. like i didn't get ANY of the event arceus during gen IV, i missed the sinjoh falls one too. which apparently has a trippy ass battle intro??

*Azure Flute, *Sinjoh Ruins

I always found Arceus to be severely overrated, and I never even used my own event Arceus in battle; I only used mine to access the Sinjoh Ruins event in both HG and SS, then I dumped them in my PC. I have to admit that it sucks how we never got the Azure Flute event, though. Masuda's explanation for why it wasn't distributed sounded really lame.

Back