• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Weathered Ruby (Completed) [Version 1.0]

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    Pokemon Weathered Ruby

Pokemon Weathered Ruby is an enhancement hack of the original Ruby release featuring entirely revamped trainers along with rebalanced stats/learnsets for many of the original 386 Pokemon. The hack can be played through casually, but it has also been curated for a rather difficult, yet streamlined, Nuzlocke experience. Attached below along with the Lunar IPS Patch is an in-depth 33 page document (along with a 40 page document containing original dev notes) explaining all the changes made to this hack, and it serves predominantly as a guide to all the changes made to Pokemon and key trainers throughout the hack. Make sure you also read the "Sample List of Changes" tab below (if you'd like).

I hope this hack can serve as both an excellent introduction for new players looking to try a difficult romhack, and as a challenging experience for more experienced players and/or nuzlockers. This hack was made over the past 10 months, and looking to find the perfect balance of difficulty was the main goal of the project. I think the fact that this hack is as well based on the shorter (relative to the other games in Gen III) Ruby vanilla game allows it to provide a very short and sweet experience, and it served as a good first foray for me into the romhacking scene. For those who would be interested in an expansion of this romhack's core foundation (same stat changes, etc.), I am working already here and there on a direct sequel: Pokemon Weathered Red, based on the FireRed rombase. It is already about 40% complete, and should release sometime in early Q2 2022.

Weathered-Ruby.jpg

Battle-Demo1.jpg
    Battle-Demo3.jpg
    Battle-Demo2.jpg

Recommended Level Curve:
    Spoiler:

Sample Encounters from a Playthrough:
    Spoiler:

Version 1.0 Release (12/22/21)

Sample List of Changes (More in full document!)
    Spoiler:

Credit to the authors of HexManiacAdvance, AdvanceMap, and XSE for making this possible.

If any changes are made, rather it's to the hack itself or the documents, it will be notified on here.
    Enjoy! - 3331

Downloads: (PATCH COMPATIBLE WITH v1.0 ENGLISH RUBY ROMBASE)

Attachments

• Pokemon Weathered Ruby 1.0.ips
      44.1 KB · Views: 105
    • Weathered Ruby Guide.pdf
      406.1 KB · Views: 102
    • Weathered Ruby Guide (Expanded+DevNotes).pdf
      436.8 KB · Views: 121
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Ok Im going to try it after inclement emerald, may be next week. Thank you. Can you upload mediafire version in gbahaks? Please.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    I'd like to run the game in my boy gba in my android, but I dont konw if this is the correct format.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    I donwload the file from gbahacks but it does not have the changes from last release.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    Hi, are you patching on a 1.0 Ruby release? That is most likely your problem. I did not share any files of this game outside of this posting (although I am indifferent to it). If you are having trouble patching I'm sure there are some resources on here to help.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Ty but Im not sure... I tried by many ways... dowloading ruby rom and the patch, patching with an app the ruby rom with the patch but even though starters are lvl.5... may be later I find a patched rom. Btw I read the docs, nice work.

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen today
    No changes seen with Luvdisc, Volbeat and Illumise. Did you forgot them or something?

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    I think Illumise is kinda useful if you use Encore correctly. As for the other two, I didn't bother with a couple bottom tier Pokemon for this romhack I didn't really think the changes I tried on them were good, so for better or worst I left them alone. I think in retrospect the only Pokemon I forgot that I wanted to change was Dunsparce lol. Don't plan on changing anything for this atm, working on something else... In the new hack I'm working on I actually do have some changes on Luvdisc though, along with a myriad of others left unchanged or underwhelming in this hack. I have to get around to posting it in the Progressing section eventually for early feedback.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    Also, that second FireRed romhack direct sequel to this is dead in the water atm I was able to get to Koga - Blaine. may post a patch if I can find the most recent file from those sessions. it's been since like, early 2022 since I've edited the file.

I put a lot of work into that games overworld though so I may power through and try to finish it in the midnight hours. Time will tell.

Back