• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Unova League Starting Soon?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • http://i45.tinypic.com/2wpp5ih.jpg

Spoiler:

So this raises the question of are we going to see the League within the year or the very beginning of next year? Because from what it looks to be we could have the League very soon which I thought they wouldn't go for the League until at least mid 2013 otherwise it seems like we are going to have a long arc between now and 6th Generation(unless 6th Gen is out sooner then the rests were). So what do you all think, will we have the Unova League soon or is this another misinterpreted Don Tournament kind of thing?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's really a league.
    And since it's that soon (it's because writes don't want to work) it's probably a hint that we will see something more (like Battle Frontier in Kanto)... maybe some more PWTs or something.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's really a league.
    And since it's that soon (it's because writes don't want to work) it's probably a hint that we will see something more (like Battle Frontier in Kanto)... maybe some more PWTs or something.

I really hope it is something like the Battle Frontier. I went off Pokemon when the BF was airing and I never watched it and it looks really good, so hopefully they'll do something like this.
    And has 6th gen even been confirmed? I thought gen v was the final generation?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I really hope it is something like the Battle Frontier. I went off Pokemon when the BF was airing and I never watched it and it looks really good, so hopefully they'll do something like this.
    And has 6th gen even been confirmed? I thought gen v was the final generation?

No, there hasn't been any confirmation of a new Gen, but with B/W being the "Fresh new Start" you'd be able to assume that there is more to come.

People also said the same thing about Hoen and Sinnoh. The current Generation is never the last Generation until we hear something along the lines of "Last game" or "series finale".

I doubt we'll have either of those if Mario and Zelda can repeat themselves for over 20 years XD.

Also...Season 2 is only like 20 episodes in...that's hell fast for the league to be coming on. I hope we get some filler though the PWT is the only possible filler for this generation unless they send Ash back to Kanto or something before the next Generation of games come out.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I hope we get some filler though the PWT is the only possible filler for this generation unless they send Ash back to Kanto or something before the next Generation of games come out.
    No more Kanto, please... but I can see him going to Hoenn ;) You know, BF signalled the remakes of R/G so now we can get a hint of R/S remakes :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Plasma are still yet to make an appearance aren't they? I assume that'll probably count as filler somehow, at least for a little while o3o I'm expecting a big arc from Team Plasma at some point so I wouldn't be surprised if they stop the league halfway through or something (kind of like they do in the games just not right at the end) which means it has to be postponed and finished at a later date after more filler episodes. Perhaps because it's postponed they'll need 10 badges to enter or something? Or they'll just go around touring gyms for fun during the wait? It'd make sure Ash can get the last two gym battles in for sure :p

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't think Plasma IS making an appearance after the Earthquake thing. They pretty much wrote out the evil team because of that incident.

They also have Iris Vs Drayden and New boy VS Marlon so I can't see them forcing Ash to go back and earn 2 more badges when the Gym Leaders already receive their spot light.

As for Hoenn, right now there isn't any reason for Ash to go back there. He did everything he could in Hoenn, so unless they add something brand new that's kinda a stretch, especially since he's all the way across the world.

Him going back home to rest after his adventures and taking his Unova Pokemon back with him makes more sense, then something happens that would force him to go adventuring, but random "Hey, lets go back to Hoenn", is really random.

Now I'm probably thinking too much on this, but I have to question, why did they add a Trainer with nothing but Eevee and its Evolutions? He travels around with all 8...must mean he doesn't have a Pokedex, but still why is there a random Eevee trainer for the League. I know Eevee is available in the games, but still, that is really random.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Gotta agree with Xander on Plasma topic... Because Plasma arc was cut from the anime we will probably won't see Plasma in anime...
    Well it would be interesting if N was to invade the League and League would be stopped, though :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Also...Season 2 is only like 20 episodes in...that's hell fast for the league to be coming on. I hope we get some filler though the PWT is the only possible filler for this generation unless they send Ash back to Kanto or something before the next Generation of games come out.
    Yep, if the league does come along this fast at this rate, I don't think it'll be the end of Best Wishes 2, I mean, they could easily fit in a filler saga, like Battle Frontier in the AG Series, I'm not sure about possibilities this early though, I'd expect another year or two before anything like R/S/E remakes are confirmed (They that does happen) but my point is that I wouldn't expect a journey to Hoenn, if there was, it would be a painful hint to R/S/E remakes. I'd expect some sort of Orange Islands situation? Or perhaps if Ash wins this time, a Champions League of some sort?

Well, that's my contribution. /I haven't been here in ages. ._.

Back