• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen GSVC Countdown Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
  • Just pre-downloaded my Pokemon Silver.
    I wanted Silver back then but my dad bought me Gold and refused to get me Silver, so I am very hyped up to revisit Johto in the old style in Silver this time!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pre-purchased! I'm so hyped and ready guys! :)

Also note this DCC will be closed on September 22 so feel free to make threads about any discussion topics then!

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I just preloaded Silver too and I can't wait to play it, however I can't seem the theme to get to work. It says it's an in-game code which is of course bull, but I keep getting the error. Very sad. :/

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I just preloaded Silver too and I can't wait to play it, however I can't seem the theme to get to work. It says it's an in-game code which is of course bull, but I keep getting the error. Very sad. :/

Err, I got it yesterday just fine.
    Are you sure you're looking at the right code, because there are 2 codes; One for Celebi (Which will only be activated when the game is up and running) for your Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, and the other code is for the theme. The theme one is at the most bottom if memory served me right.

GSVC Countdown Chat

Absolutely loving the old artworks for generation 2 Pokemon below!

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Gonna wear my Johto National Park t-shirt on Friday to celebrate.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Preloaded both games onto my 3DS XL and redeemed the theme codes. Gold will be my main, as it was back in 2000. Not really sure what I'm going to do about the team thing. Going for my original team seems a little too unbalanced now, and I think I'm going to evolve my starter, which I didn't do the first time (disliked how Feraligatr and Croconaw looked at the time), but I also want to keep some of the nostalgia there as well. Silver will probably be mainly for other challenge runs, or for just a different main play through, maybe with Typhlosion.

Is the theme only a preorder bonus, or can it be obtained for getting the games after release (within a specified period of time)? I'm thinking of picking up copies for my other 3DS for trading and such, but I haven't made a Nintendo Account to link that NNID to yet, and I don't remember the login details I used for the NNID. (In other words, it'll take time to figure it out and get everything linked, and I'm busy this week.) I read that people had issues getting their codes if their NNID wasn't linked to a Nintendo Account with email preferences set (not sure if it's still an issue), and I don't want to preload the games without having everything in order, but I also don't want to miss out on getting a theme for that system.

Years
  • Bought codes for both from Amazon, ended up with a totally different "cast theme" which was not mentioned anywhere and no Celebi code. Oh, Nintendo.

But hey, got the games, which is what's really important.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Bought codes for both from Amazon, ended up with a totally different "cast theme" which was not mentioned anywhere and no Celebi code. Oh, Nintendo.

But hey, got the games, which is what's really important.

From the site https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-a-special-celebi-with-pokemon-gold-or-pokemon-silver/:

To get your code for Celebi:
    Launch Nintendo eShop in your Nintendo 3DS System.
    Select Menu in the top-left corner.
    Select Settings/Other.
    Select Account Activity.
    Select View Receipt on your Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver purchase.
    The serial code will be displayed in the purchase details.

I am thinking if it's just for eShop purchases that you get the Celebi.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Anyone else staring at the clock right now? :) Much hype here!

Years
  • From the site https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-a-special-celebi-with-pokemon-gold-or-pokemon-silver/:

To get your code for Celebi:
    Launch Nintendo eShop in your Nintendo 3DS System.
    Select Menu in the top-left corner.
    Select Settings/Other.
    Select Account Activity.
    Select View Receipt on your Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver purchase.
    The serial code will be displayed in the purchase details.

I am thinking if it's just for eShop purchases that you get the Celebi.

Yep, I checked there and all I got was the code for the theme, which according to Serebii is in fact exclusive to Amazon, Gamestop, and Best Buy. No idea what the deal is with Celebi yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's exclusive to the eshop.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Yep, I checked there and all I got was the code for the theme, which according to Serebii is in fact exclusive to Amazon, Gamestop, and Best Buy. No idea what the deal is with Celebi yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's exclusive to the eshop.

Yes they declared it after I replied you.
    Tbh I'd prefers your theme anytime.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Gold > Silver, because Gold is first place and Silver is second place. 8)

Same reasons why I always preferred Gold dictates why I'd pick Gold here again, despite having already went with it on GBC and NDS. Who needs Silver? ;D

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    need a good team idea guys for like early in the game. can trade in really low ones from red too so yeah let me know i wanna have some fun

silver is boss. and looks better then gold

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • "The scheduled release date for this purchased item has passed. Launch this software while connected to the internet to check distribution information."

"Thank you for your pre-purchase. Now, please wait for this product to be released."

This is not the kind of game I want to be playing, Nintendo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back