• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do I need to know about selling cards?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2017
    I haven't touched my pok?mon cards in a few years, but now my little brother is getting into pok?mon. He doesn't care much about my old ones or the ones that were passed down to me, so I decided to sell them. I have no idea how much any are worth, but I have at least 500 cards, probably more. Most are from 2007-2009, but I have quite a few from 1995-97. How do i figure out which are worth what, and what's the best way of selling them?

Years
  • I haven't touched my pok?mon cards in a few years, but now my little brother is getting into pok?mon. He doesn't care much about my old ones or the ones that were passed down to me, so I decided to sell them. I have no idea how much any are worth, but I have at least 500 cards, probably more. Most are from 2007-2009, but I have quite a few from 1995-97. How do i figure out which are worth what, and what's the best way of selling them?

It depends on how much effort you want to put into selling. The two fastest ways are to sell them all at once on Craigslist/eBay or sell in bulk to a retailer like Troll and Toad: https://www.trollandtoad.com/buylist/#!/4/Bulk

This won't maximize money, but maximizing your money requires devoting time to figuring out what you have, how much it's been selling for, patience because not every auction will sell, and a willingness to put up with the worst complaints eBay buyers will throw at you. For most people, recommend simply selling them all in bulk because it's the least headache.

Back