• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Epsilon

Years
  • is there a speed up button for this game?

No sorry there isn't, usually those are reserved for ROM hacks. But I do remember hearing something about one being made for essentials games, but I also remember hearing it was buggy and still in development so I never looked too much into it.

The only real options for speeding up are hold Z to run, using the bike, and mashing buttons.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I have been enjoying your ROM hack so far except for the fact I can't even play because after I blacked out my quilava won't follow me and it keeps crashing

Years
  • I have been enjoying your ROM hack so far except for the fact I can't even play because after I blacked out my quilava won't follow me and it keeps crashing

Hey good to hear that you've been enjoying it, but it's unfortunate that you encountered some difficulties. For the walking Pokémon, you can press "control" on your keyboard to toggle them on and off which maybe your issue. Although I do remember hearing something about how if you black out before visiting and healing at your first pokecenter the script wont work properly to reload your Pokémon, so in that case I think the only option I have seen is to restart the game unfortunately.

As for the crashing, I'm not exactly sure what the issue might be as I never ran into issues of crashing during testing. But, maybe if you say when and where the game is crashing or what any error message might say I might be able to help you.

Years
  • how does wonder trade work in this game?

Wonder Trade is only available in the post game, in the battle frontier, in the east most building you can wonder trade from there.

It isn't as if you are actually trading with other players though, it just randomly gives you any Pokémon for one of your Pokémon (excluding legendaries obviously) and I believe you can even get a shiny from it, but it is still a 1/8192 chance.

Years
  • Where do I go after I got the 7th gym badge?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    Hey CPU4,

I'm at route 120, but there seems to be an invisable wall there (see attached image). Is this a glitch? Or did I miss something?
    route-120.png

I can't go further north and can't interact with this "wall", can you help me out here?

Years
  • Hey CPU4,

I'm at route 120, but there seems to be an invisable wall there (see attached image). Is this a glitch? Or did I miss something?

I can't go further north and can't interact with this "wall", can you help me out here?

Hey, so I looked into this and honestly I'm not quite sure what's going on in your game. I tried running some tests in that area and tried walking between the route and town, and I was always able to walk through and never ran into this bug. The space right above your character is the loading zone for the next town, it seems that for some reason the game doesn't want to load it, so it seems like there's an invisible wall there. Like I said, I wasn't able to recreate this bug myself. The only thing that I could think of is that maybe somehow the game is having trouble turning off the weather effects from one area to the next.

Unfortunately, the best advice I can give right now is to maybe try to walk back the Mt. Yosemite, and go up then back down the mountain. Or maybe just try closing then reopening the game.

Hopefully that is some kind of help, if not maybe you could tell me what you did right before this glitch happened, then maybe I could come up with something else. Best of luck to ya.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2023
    Still very early on, but it seems that when you white-out your following pokemon disappears and then the game crashes soon after (anywhere from 2-5 minutes) with an error saying following pokemon not found

Years
  • Still very early on, but it seems that when you white-out your following pokemon disappears and then the game crashes soon after (anywhere from 2-5 minutes) with an error saying following pokemon not found

Hey, sorry I couldn't respond to this when you posted it, but I was busy with other stuff and didn't really check this page for a while.

Anyway, I managed to fix this bug, all you have to do is just redownload the the game from the original post's new download link. (You won't lose your progress.)

HOWEVER, if you want to get your Pokémon to follow you again you'll have to either start the game over, OR have all your pokemon faint and white out so the script can properly reset.

Hopefully this works for you and everyone else, best of luck.

Years
  • Why can't I go into the kitchen in the house?
    Why doesn't heal the characters Mom or the machine in the lab my Pokémon?
    And why can I not disable the "Pokémon following behind character" function?

I'll play the game to some point to report more issues.^^

Last edited:
    Years
  • Why can't I go into the kitchen in the house?
    Why doesn't heal the characters Mom or the machine in the lab my Pokémon?
    And why can I not disable the "Pokémon following behind character" function?

I'll play the game to some point to report more issues.^^

Hey, so I'm not entirely sure about everything that you're mentioning, but I'll try to respond.

You can partially enter the kitchen. but because of layering you can't go all the way in. Don't worry it's just for aesthetic so you aren't missing out on anything.

The mom can heal your Pokémon after you've fainted, there's some potions in the first town, and your party gets healed before you leave the starting town.

To disable the following Pokémon script just press "control" on your keyboard.

Hopefully this helps.

Years
  • Hey, so I'm not entirely sure about everything that you're mentioning, but I'll try to respond.

You can partially enter the kitchen. but because of layering you can't go all the way in. Don't worry it's just for aesthetic so you aren't missing out on anything.

The mom can heal your Pokémon after you've fainted, there's some potions in the first town, and your party gets healed before you leave the starting town.

To disable the following Pokémon script just press "control" on your keyboard.

Hopefully this helps.

Thank you very much for your answers. ♥

Any other kitchen is free to enter, but the one at home not - this is a funny situation.^^

So the mom couldn't heal a Pokémon like a Joy, I guess?

Okay, "Control" - I don't know whichone that is, but I have some people that know about that and they can tell me.^^

I've found some bugs:

The plant in the house from the player, that is by the stairs (downstairs), can be used as stairs. o.O

When someone let Joy heals the Pokémon with the function, that one follow the player, then the Pokémon is at the healing time behind the player.^^'

The "Old Rod" catches a Tentacool with a level of 27. Should the "Old Rod" do that? o.O

In battles goes the cursor every time to "FIGHT". Should it do that?

Some Pokémon from the generations after Fire Red float above the ground - like Lilipup.

And the hill on Route 104 has the same thing like the kitchen.

Bugsy was called "she", but he isn't a girl. o.O

That are all things until now, that I could find. My teammate and I play your game further some other time, but I hope, that our search and test helps you a little bit.^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I have two following pokemon (two Cyndaquil) how to solve this bug (if possible) but is not disturbing
    after entering in the first pokemon center my following pokemon duplicated (only the follower I have always one pokémon) and this center heal me right after I'm enterring inside (after have lost against the rival)

Last edited:
    Back