• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Epsilon

Years
  • Pokemon Epsilon:

Introduction:

I decided to make this game after playing some of the more recent Gen. games (Gen. 6-8 mainly). And while I still enjoyed them, I wanted to play and create something new that felt more like games like HeartGold or Emerald. So, I started to develop Epsilon, and I have finally finished and am now ready to release it. I hope you enjoy it!

Features:

~ All Mega evolution's available
    ~ New Mega Typhlosion
    ~ 8 gyms, Elite Four
    ~ Varying environments and locations
    ~ New Legendary Pokemon
    ~ Pokemon from Gen. 1 - 5 (including Legendaries)
    ~ Wonder Trade
    ~ Following Pokemon
    ~ Legendary Pokemon Events
    ~ Only HM's are Surf and Fly
    ~ Classic Fire Red art Style
    ~ Familiar Trainers from other regions (such as Ash Ketchum, Gold, Cynthia, Crystal, etc.)

DOWNLOAD:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MLNHMRhYsmSLGIo74mbPJWzMOafHi1_d/view?usp=sharing

1.) Download from above link
    2.) Open and "Extract To" with WinRar (https://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0)
    3.) Open "Game.exe" to play the game

Plot:

Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fcgbIFXm3SlNhIykauXNPTdzuuNHmqrH?usp=sharing

Other:

Spoiler:

Next Game?:

In the future I may release a re-imagined sort of version of this game. Something like Black/White and Black 2/ White 2, or Sun/ Moon and Ultra Sun/ Ultra Moon. I don't have any idea in terms of a release date for this, so just keep patient if you're interested.

Credits:

https://pastebin.com/u/CPU_4
    Intro part of the trailer is from Luka s.j. Modular Title Screen add on (https://luka-sj.com/res)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2021
    Just wondering, do you have authorization to use the Mega Typhlosion sprites?

Years
  • why the game doesn't work can anyone answer me

Well remember you need to use Win rar to open the downloaded file, and make sure to double click on the "Game" .exe file once you are in the folder
    Also, if you are using a mac or something running Mac os you'll need to work around that as the game is designed for windows.

Hopefully that helps, if it doesn't then say what is specifically going wrong when you try to run the game and maybe I could help more.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    i clicked on the "Game" .exe file and it worked till it says click start when i click it the game stop with script "sprite window" line 218 run time error occurred filename is nil

Years
  • i clicked on the "Game" .exe file and it worked till it says click start when i click it the game stop with script "sprite window" line 218 run time error occurred filename is nil

Well you should try to re-download it from the new download link in the first post

From what I've seen online that error appears to be from the game trying to find a graphic and and can't find it in certain circumstances. It's weird that you're getting this as in all my friends and I's testing we never encountered this error or anything like it. So like I said try the new download link and make sure to not mess around with any graphics (idk if u did this but just to be safe.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Hello first you could change your profile picture it makes me weird it disgusts me. Then I haven't played yet, but your game seems very good. The only question I'm going to ask you for the moment why are there no generations 7 to 8 included? All pokemon fan games should have all generations of pokemon in their games

Years
  • Hello first you could change your profile picture it makes me weird it disgusts me. Then I haven't played yet, but your game seems very good. The only question I'm going to ask you for the moment why are there no generations 7 to 8 included? All pokemon fan games should have all generations of pokemon in their games
    Despite not playing through the game yet, I can give you a simple answer. It's moreso a design choice. There's not a rule that states, 'all fangames must have all pokemon'. CPU 4 made a decision to not include them, even if just at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Just wondering, do you have authorization to use the Mega Typhlosion sprites?

The OP didn't respond to you, and I'm curious too. That Mega Typhlosion sprite comes from Pokemon insurgence, another notable fangame. I checked the OP's pastebin, trying to find any mention of Suzerain, the creator of said Pokemon Insurgence. No mention of the game, the sprite maker, nor the creator was in it. I advice OP to follow through with this claim of plagiarism, because after checking the rules for posting fanmade games such as this, bouts of stealing, even sprite work, is still a big deal.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2022
    Despite not playing through the game yet, I can give you a simple answer. It's moreso a design choice. There's not a rule that states, 'all fangames must have all pokemon'. CPU 4 made a decision to not include them, even if just at the moment.

i dont want your opinion but for cpu 4

Years
  • The OP didn't respond to you, and I'm curious too. That Mega Typhlosion sprite comes from Pokemon insurgence, another notable fangame. I checked the OP's pastebin, trying to find any mention of Suzerain, the creator of said Pokemon Insurgence. No mention of the game, the sprite maker, nor the creator was in it. I advice OP to follow through with this claim of plagiarism, because after checking the rules for posting fanmade games such as this, bouts of stealing, even sprite work, is still a big deal.

The sprite in the Trailer is old and isn't in the finished game. the sprite in the game is now my own, and there are no insurgence sprites in the game. I had talked with Marin and he said it's alright since the game itself no longer includes that sprite.

Years
  • I'm at victory road, i can't go further without rock climb, where do i find it?

You don't need rock climb to get through there, I'm not sure which room you're in, but if you're in the room after the first outdoor area that has water you need to go to the top right of the room, just below one of those hop down ledges is a ladder that leads you to the end of that area. The hop down ledges are to the left and up from the rock climb rocks in that area, then just head right from there and the ladder is there.

Hopefully that helps, if it doesn't then just say where you are specifically and I'll try to help

Back