• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: SwSh DLC Music review

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Probably not going to be a highly viewed article, but I like obsessing over music, this is up my alley.

As part of reviewing the SwSh games (thanks, Nintendo Australia), I wrote a rather long article about the soundtrack, amongst others. https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2019/12/13/pokemon-sword-and-shield-soundtrack-review/

As this year has given us DLC, and hence more music, I want to do the same for those tracks! Same general format, analysis, musing on what I thought was great (e.g. Mustard battle theme, Galarian Bird Legendary Battle theme) and what could be better (e.g. Regi Battle theme).

Probably a (shorter) 3 page article again: character themes, other battle themes, and everything else.

Years
  • I personally think the music is actually the best part of the DLC and is worth a quick review, as the music for the base game's wild area (where everyone spent most of their time pre-DLC) got stale very fast. I'm also really digging the music in the Dynamax Adventure cave prep room in Crown Tundra.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • The previous music review article garnered a good amount of readers. This will surely add to it.

I don't have a switch but have access to music, and I think the themes are really nice, especially the themes for Calyrex and his steed(s). A music review for these would be good.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I personally think the music is actually the best part of the DLC and is worth a quick review, as the music for the base game's wild area (where everyone spent most of their time pre-DLC) got stale very fast. I'm also really digging the music in the Dynamax Adventure cave prep room in Crown Tundra.
    I'd say the wild area music is still pretty good, but given the game encourages being in the same place too much, any tune would wear thin. I feel the Max Raid battle theme suffers more from this though, and the catching tune for that... ugh. But I digress - thanks for the thoughts! Cave prep music is indeed neat.
    The previous music review article garnered a good amount of readers. This will surely add to it.

I don't have a switch but have access to music, and I think the themes are really nice, especially the themes for Calyrex and his steed(s). A music review for these would be good.
    Yeah, checking back, 6,700+ views is nothing to sneeze at. But I probably should try working on this sooner than later I suppose.

Back