• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Tournament

Years
  • PokéCommunity Get-Together 8
    Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Tournament!

yugioh.jpg

Overview

Attention Duelists!

Welcome to the Get-Together 8 Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Tournament! This is an opportunity for you to duel it out in a friendly and competitive atmosphere. Prizes will be given out to anyone who makes the top cut, so get your game on! Full details pertaining to this tournament are given below.

Information

Host

Drakow

Rules

• Registration begins now and will close on the 15th of July at 9am GMT (4 hours after the GT8 officially begins). At this time, the pairings for round one will be posted. To register, respond to this thread and give details of your time zone as well as your Dueling Network username. Prior to the first round pairings, please PM the host your deck list.

• This tournament will be held under the offiicial March 2011 TCG Format.

• Duels will be carried out over Dueling Network. All you need to do is register and you will have access to a full database of cards to construct a deck with. Rounds will consist of a full match (best of three duels). Side decked cards can only be used after game one (so for games two and three).

4 rounds of Swiss that will cut to a Top 4 playoff. For those who do not know, in the aforementioned case, everyone will play the four rounds of swiss regardless of torunament record, but at the end of those rounds, only the top four in the swiss will qualify for the semi-finals which the winner will then be determined by elimination.

Each round will last approximately 12 hours. Round one will therefore end on Friday at 9pm GMT. This means that the swiss rounds should end at 9am GMT on the Sunday, giving plenty of time to do the elimination rounds to determine the winner. The quicker everyone finishes their duels and reports the result to the host, the sooner the next round can start, so do try to get your matches done as soon as possible.

• You cannot make any changes to your deck for the duration of the tournament. During each round, one table will be selected and the host will moderate that duel.

• Immediately contact your opponent for the Round via PM, VM, or the Pokecommunity Chat to set up a time to play - bearing in mind the potential differences in time zones.

Both duelists on each table must confirm the result of their duel. Unreported tables after Round closure will be decided by activity.
    o If both parties at a table are inactive and do not report prior to round ending - a double match loss will be issued.
    o If both parties at a table are active and do not report prior to round ending - a dice roll or coin flip will determine the winner.
    o If your opponent does not attempt to contact you, forward the PM you sent them to the host as proof of activeness and attempt of contact.

Prizes

• First place: The following Emblem will be awarded.

kingofgames.png
    Description: Awarded for winning the GT8 Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG tournament.

• Top cut: The following Emblem will be awarded.

topped.png
    Description: Awarded for making the top cut for the GT8 Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG tournament.

Participants

• Apple Juice - xapplejuice (GMT)
    • terminoob - terminoob (EST)
    • インフェルノの津波 - Hydreigoon (PST)
    • -Link- - Watermelonzz (GMT)
    • Renpuu - Renpuu (GMT)
    • Cirrus - Cloudmagus (GMT)
    • LightOfTruth - LightOfTruth (GMT)
    • Impo - impo (GMT + 9:30)
    • Samari45 - Samari45 (U.S mountain time)
    • Mr X. - asdfth13 (GMT - 6:00)
    • Darknessoverload98 - Darknessoverload98
    • KinokiGaming - ThatDamnNinja (PST)
    • Firestar

Closure

I wish you all the best of luck. Duel hard and rise to victory!
    CSS by Pokemon Trainer Touko

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Username's Apple Juice here, xapplejuice on dueling network, I'm GMT.

Is that all I need to sign up?

-Link-

FUDGE YEAAAH
    Years
  • Hey I'm AJ's brother. My username on DN Watermelonzz. GMT.

Please don't make me duel my bro haha

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Hoodoop.

/ register

Cloudmagus @ EST.

One important thing: how will you ensure fidelity of decklists?

Years
  • One important thing: how will you ensure fidelity of decklists?

Excellent question. I have modified the OP to provide the answer. I will moderate one of the duels in each round (since on DN you can watch duels) and then I can check to see if anyone plays a card which shouldn't be in their list. Of course people could still get away with lying about the number of copies of a card they run, but this is the best solution I could come up with.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Is it possiable to use Dueling Network on dialup? I'd like to participate, but im not sure how well DN runs on dialup.

Years
  • Is it possiable to use Dueling Network on dialup? I'd like to participate, but im not sure how well DN runs on dialup.

I have no idea myself in all honesty. But if I was to take a guess, you would probably end up lagging a fair amount. Why don't you go on Dueling Network for yourself and have a duel or two to see how your computer performs?

Also I've changed the starting time to 9am GMT - 4 hours after the GT8 officially opens.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    My deck is ready now, I will send a screenshot to the OP via PM

My time-zone is the daylight saving time of the UK :)

Samari45

Rookie Monotyper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2015
    Signing in!
    My username on Dueling Network is Samari45.
    Time zone is U.S. Mountain Time.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • I have a possibly good idea.

Can we have an "official chat room" of sorts to organize matches in? VMing is a chore a lot of times when you want to have a realtime conversation.

Back