• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon 72-Hour Marathon to Catch 'em All for The Children's Miracle Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2011
    Pro3Studios and PokéCommunity GT8 Pokémon 72-Hour Marathon To Catch 'em All for the Children's Miracle Network

A Charity Event to Catch-Em-All!

If you don't know who Pro3Studios is, you'll soon know. The one who is going to be typing this incredibly long, essay of a post is Crashpro3, or Cody as I'm more commonly called. I'm both the leader and planner of Pro3Studios and this marathon. This is our third marathon, and this year, we've decided to do Pokémon in a 72-Hour Catch 'em All Marathon on UStream. There will be eight games played simultaneously in a split-screen, 3X3 format (think of a tic-tac-toe board with games being played in the boxes instead of X's and O's). The games will take the outer section of the 3X3 video space, while the middle section will be dedicated to the amount of Pokémon caught, money raised, and sponsors of the marathon (including this site, presented in a slideshow-like way). The games we'll be playing are:
    1. Pokémon FireRed Version
    2. Pokémon Emerald Version
    3. Pokémon Diamond Version
    4. Pokémon Pearl Version
    5. Pokémon HeartGold Version
    6. Pokémon SoulSilver Version
    7. Pokémon Black Version
    8. Pokémon White Version
    Each game has its own player. Here's an example of what the screen will look like:
    PokemonMarathonExample.jpg
    (Click here if the image does not load: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/crashpro/PokemonMarathonExample.jpg) Pokémon that were from Nintendo-sponsored events will also be making an appearance, but this will be simply an extra copy of the event Pokémon already on a copy of a game, such as Mew, Celebi, Dragonite, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Enetei, Suicune, Raikou etc. These Pokémon will already be accounted for in the total. You've probably noticed a few Pokémon I mentioned that are obtainable in the games. We've decided on using the event Pokémon as opposed to catching them for the following reasons: 1. The event Pokémon GENERALLY are better. (Who would want a normal Pichu over a Shiny Pichu?) 2. Some Pokémon trigger events (Arceus, Shiny Raikou, Shiny Entei, Shiny Suicune, etc.) 3. TIME. We only have 72 hours. Skipping the evolution of a Dragonite is a miracle for us, especially when not all games have Audinos :-).

Donations and Prizes

Now, aside from the games, let's talk a bit about donations and PRIZES. Not only is there an option to donate, but there are benefits to donating as well. Donations of $5.00 (USD) or MORE will enter you into a raffle to win a prize. There will be five raffles, and each will be drawn once a certain amount of Pokémon are caught (151, 251, 386, 493, and then the final total). You must donate at least $5.00 each time you want to enter a raffle. The time you donate will reflect which prize you will be entered to win, so make sure you're there throughout the entire marathon to make sure you can enter in each time! Donating more than $5.00 will NOT effect your chances of winning. Everyone who donates each has the same chance of winning, no matter how much they donated. HOWEVER, there are benefits for donating above $5.00. Here's our list (remember, you are also entered in the raffle with these benefits):
    • $8.00 - Nickname a Pokémon (the Pokémon chosen must not be already named, be able to be given a nickname, and the name MUST be appropriate.)
    • $10.00 - Select one of the players to sing a song of your choosing (the songs must be appropriate, and we do have the right to deny a song, causing you to change your pick.)
    • $20.00 - A duet. Select two of the players to sing a song of your choosing.
    • $25.00 - Three solo song pack. Choose three songs for one person to sing.
    • $35.00 - Four players singing in a quartet. Choose four players to sing one song.
    • $100.00 - Group Numa Numa Song (or other songs depending on frequency of this occurring).
    • $151.00 - CaramellDansen DANCE (Original Swedish Version) on webcam. Plus, A HUGE amount of praise from us for donating such an amount to The Children's Miracle Network.
    *All of these amounts must be donated all at once, or in under an hour by the same person. An email from the account listed in the PayPal transaction from the donor must be sent to [email protected] when it comes to songs. You may also include the song information in the additional notes portion of your PayPal transaction instead of emailing us. You might be wondering what we've got for raffle prizes. There's five of them, and there's definitely a quality over quantity for these items. We have Pokémon games and Pokémon game consoles for some of these raffles, plus more! I'll leave you at that. The person who donates the most money throughout the entire marathon will receive the Grand Prize, which is a copy of either Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version pre-loaded with all of the Pokémon caught during the marathon. The version the Grand Prize winner wants must be emailed to [email protected] within a week after the marathon ends. Otherwise, the copy of the game will be chosen for them. And finally, once we reach a certain amount of money or gain a certain amount of money in a set amount of time, we'll offer to do crazy things, like maybe a pie in the face... Basically, we need people, and we want to show that it's fun to donate at our stream, AND ALL of the money is going to The Children's Miracle Network, just like the past two marathons. If anyone here would like to participate, please feel free. I hope this marathon has caught your attention, and seeing a community like this is pleasing. If you like our marathon this year, we might just have a secret we'll share with you once we reach our goal (or the 72 hours are up), so stay tuned!

Links

Marathon UStream Page: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pokém...tch-em-all-for-the-children-s-miracle-network Crashpro3's YouTube: www.youtube.com/crashpro3 Facebook Page for the Marathon: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pokém...iracle-Network-by-Pro3Studios/118324598240963

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I'm confused. Are PC people playing the games? Or just donating the money? Or both? Also, if we are playing the games, that looks super fun, and how can you do that say, next year?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm confused. Are PC people playing the games? Or just donating the money? Or both? Also, if we are playing the games, that looks super fun, and how can you do that say, next year?

No, this is an outside thing from what I understand. You're free to donate, as is anyone on PC, but people outside of PC are donating as well. As far as playing next year, it seems like people who work with their studio play, but if you contact the studio maybe they'll let you, idk.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    Wow this was really lame. It started late, ended early, and had so many technical problems it's not even funny. I really hope if this is done again next year different people are in charge of it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2011
    The quality of our marathon went south. We apologize for that. It was radically different than what it was supposed to be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back