• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you form emotional attachments to your Pokemon?

Years
  • Yeah, I tend to get really emotionally attached to the Pokémons in my team (or that I plan to include in my team permanently).

It's one of the reasons why I'm annoyed we don't have multiple save files, because I often want to try beating the game with another starter and another team but I can't restart the game or I'll lose all my 'mons (and Pokemon Bank it's a recent occurrence for me).

Also I get so attached to some pokemon, specially if they've help me beat difficult opponents, that I tend to catch the same species when playing other games (and then get disheartened if it's a really-hard-to-get pokemon in that game or if I can't get it until the very end). I often have to push myself to use other pokemon though, or I would end up having the same team in all games XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    I still have my Gengar and Leafeon from Platinum with me. Horrible natures, ivs, etc, but I love those guys. We went all through the game together and I've had them for so long, so idk. They're my pals.

However, I also breed pokemon for competitive battles and they're just another pokemon until I start training them up and then they become my babies.

Back