• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Elite 4 rematch

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2018
    It's been a long time since I have played Gen 2 I've just beaten the Elite 4 and I'm off to Johto to beat all there Gyms too.

I'm thinking of reworking my team but I need to know what level to be aiming for when it comes to the rematch of the Elite 4 the 2nd time round I know they get stronger but can't seem to fine the levels anywhere. Can anyone help?

Years
  • In generation 2, the Elite 4 don't change their levels once you've beaten them. You can battle them to infinity and beyond, but they'll never get any stronger.

And the Kanto gym leaders are around the same level as the League, so the inevitable fight against Red will be a massive jump in levels.
    Overall, prepare to fight Pokemon around level 78-81, but just one team's worth.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    I don't think there are E4 rematches in Gold/Silver/Crystal (they stay at the same level).

The upgraded teams are only in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Guest123_x1

The levels of the trainer and Gym Leader battles in Kanto, as well as Mt. Silver's wild Pokémon are kind of a joke - most of the field trainers have their Pokémon in the 30s and 40s, while the Gym Leaders don't go too far above level 50. Would've been better if the Kanto Gyms' levels started in the upper 50s at the least, while Mt. Silver's wild Pokémon started at least from level 45-50+ and went past level 60 the deeper you go into the final dungeon. (similarly to Cerulean Cave in R/G/B/Y).

If there had been a level boost for a rematch of the Elite 4 or even rematching Kanto Gym Leaders or field trainers, that would've been a bit of an improvement.

Last edited:
    Back