• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: SwSh sub-forum for leaks?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • I knew SwSh was leaking but I figured I could still read threads in SwSh and just not open up any content in spoiler tags (and not click on the thread made to discuss the leaks). But then got a pretty big spoiler on the homepage of the SwSh section thanks to that feature that shows you the content of the most recent post in a thread on the home page.

I think I've seen people suggest that content in spoiler tags doesn't appear in that post preview on the homepage but guessing that's not functional yet. Can I suggest e.g. a sub-forum in SwSh for leaks discussion to avoid the possibility of people being spoiled? I'd still like to be able to browse e.g. speculation threads without the risk of being spoiled by a leak that's hidden in a spoiler tag and posted in a 'leaks discussion' thread but still appears on the home page.. (so pretty much modelling what discord would do with a leaks channel)

(I guess the alternative to avoid being spoiled is to just not access the SwSh section full stop until the games are out and just read speculation threads on other sites)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not that I can make it happen or am the SwSh mod, but I'd be fine with this. Put it up for two weeks, take it down on release day or repurpose it. Would be like the SwSh leak channel on the discord server.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Oh, gosh, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We thought we'd pushed a fix a while ago that hides spoiler content in post previews but it looks like we didn't! Getting that out now so you won't have to worry about this. :)

Edit: Should be good to go! Laslow fixed the spoiler tags issue and I've also manually hidden previews on the leaks thread so even discussion that isn't in spoiler tags doesn't show up.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Oh, gosh, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We thought we'd pushed a fix a while ago that hides spoiler content in post previews but it looks like we didn't! Getting that out now so you won't have to worry about this. :)

Edit: Should be good to go! Sotomura fixed the spoiler tags issue and I've also manually hidden previews on the leaks thread so even discussion that isn't in spoiler tags doesn't show up.

Thank you!! Good solution :D

Back